Toronto Adagio | 85m | 26s | Menkes | Giannone Petricone

For the size of the lot that's given to work with. A building like the crystal blue condo that's just down the street would fit snug in that property, and is about as high as what's proposed. but I would love to see a building like One King West get built there! I wonder how narrow that building is?

I'm sorry but I literally dont see how any kind of high-rise would work on this site. Mid rise sure, but the city should outright reject a proposal like this.

I'm sorry but I literally dont see how any kind of high-rise would work on this site. Mid rise sure, but the city should outright reject a proposal like this.

Highrise would never work, therefore a midrise must be rejected. Makes perfect sense :p.

I think we will see something taller and more slender than the guesses so far. No reason to keep this thing "short" with the height that nearby towers are getting, and the city will want both a significant step back from the heritage fronts, and separation between this tower and 2 Bloor East. I'd say think sliver here with a smaller than typical floor plate.

question is how do you make small floorplates work financially, the smaller they are, the less efficient a building becomes, and therefor the more expensive it is to construct. They can work on high end projects, but the unit count here seems to suggest midrange units.

Regardless, this one is going to be interesting. Either really skinny, or right up against the tower to the south, which will be an entertaining fight to watch.

Highrise would never work, therefore a midrise must be rejected. Makes perfect sense :p.
Mid-rise is generally described as being between 4-6 stories right? That would work a lot better then a potential 20+ story building here.

Mid-rise is generally described as being between 4-6 stories right? That would work a lot better then a potential 20+ story building here.

Thanks for the enlightening commentary. Again, on what grounds?

Midrise is defined by the city as 4-12 floors, lowrise is 1-3, and highrise as 12+

The planning department generally considers anything taller than the width of the adjacent ROW to be a 'tall building.' It's nonsense but that's how they view things.

Thanks for the enlightening commentary. Again, on what grounds?
I would think that tower separation would be a big issue here for starters. That's unless one wanted to build one of those Chinese style pencil towers, or provide unique massing.

Making the floor plates above the podium round or oval could solve some problems for space between the two towers for viewing.

But opens many others when if comes to floor plan efficiency. Well, I'm imagining mostly small studios in the low 40 storey range. It's the zero parking which may be provided off site.

Back