Toronto Adagio | 85m | 26s | Menkes | Giannone Petricone

Overall a nice improvement over the original proposal, though I'm not sure that the same can be said about the podium cladding.

3.png

Attachments

• 3.png
    3.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,239
I like it, and won't complain, although I would have been even more impressed with the hexagonal design they were mulling around.

I like it. Clean lines. As for the podium cladding, the render suggests some kind of smoky, translucent glass. Might be a suitable counterpoint to what's going on with the tower above. Not putting too much stock in a render, however. We'll have to see.

I like it. Has a kind of herringbone pattern to it. Definitely not a standard glass box and for that I'm eternally grateful!

Wow real stunning! With its dark windows and white trim. This building is nice enough to become a super tall. And placed in the up coming LBCO lands because of its presence!

Sometimes it seems all that happens are new transit studies being commissioned. It's absolutely maddening.

Meanwhile, the city of New York has yet another subway line under construction. At least they had/have the foresight to actually build transit, not just talk about it.

Meanwhile, the city of New York has yet another subway line under construction. At least they had/have the foresight to actually build transit, not just talk about it.

You're referring to the 2nd Ave. subway no? The 3 stop stubway that's costing $4.5 billion? The stubway that'll have virtually no effect on reducing traffic on the Lexington IRT until it's extended 13 more stops, at the cost of $17 billion? The subway that was planned back in 1919 and is the epitome of New York's "all talk, no action" approach to subway building in Manhattan since the Great Depression? The very epitome of what you are criticizing Toronto for right now?

Do you ever stop to think before you write? Or is it just polished, Trumpian stream-of-consciousness?

You're referring to the 2nd Ave. subway no? The 3 stop stubway that's costing $4.5 billion? The stubway that'll have virtually no effect on reducing traffic on the Lexington IRT until it's extended 13 more stops, at the cost of $17 billion? The subway that was planned back in 1919 and is the epitome of New York's "all talk, no action" approach to subway building in Manhattan since the Great Depression? The very epitome of what you are criticizing Toronto for right now?

Do you ever stop to think before you write? Or is it just polished, Trumpian stream-of-consciousness?

Everything is better in New York. At least that's what we're supposed to believe.

Back