Toronto 65 George | 67.32m | 17s | 10Block Studio | Core Architects

That stretch of old buildings on King is really nice, and this thing stick out like an especially fat sore thumb.

I think it's refreshingly different for Toronto. I'm pretty tired of both the podium-and-point-tower trends and the mid-rise built forms that the unfortunate mid-rise guidelines procure.

An undying commitment to stepbacks and a general aversion to tall, skinny towers have hindered us from having greater design variety in the city.

I like what they proposing - big units! - and I'm OK with it being a full tower, but the super bland north facade, and the weird "stick out" portion has me bewildered.

The bland wall is a mistake that will mar the streetscape on King Street. King Street is a more important street than George Street in the city's grid and as a public space, so this design is inappropriate. It needs a rethink to include better design features like a visually engaging geometric pattern in the cladding. There's no telling if the buildings on King Street will ever be redeveloped.

The thread title has changed with the publication of the dataBase file, to reflect that the new condo will be known by its address at 65 George Street.

The DATA page still calls it 187 King. Time to adjust? Best to have one name.

Address: 187 King St E, Toronto
MLS Zone: C8
Architect: Core Architects
Landscape architect: Ferris + Associates Inc.
Category: Condo
Height: 235 ft
Storeys: 17

It's not two names, it's one name and a different address. They're naming it after their George Street front door, but the property is addressed to King Street, and it's through that address that the development application is being filed.

It's not two names, it's one name and a different address. They're naming it after their George Street front door, but the property is addressed to King Street, and it's through that address that the development application is being filed.

OK, I see your reasoning but I could make a case to always include street (project) address in ALL headers as the names chosen by Developers can be both confusing and variable. Thanks.

Anyone know who is behind this Core Architects-designed proposal? Is it another Lamb? If so, two-for-two rejections without a preliminary report in the area as of late…

If it is a new proposal it will undergo a number of reviews and changes i'm sure - lets wait and see what happens.
but the concept is great for the area - there should be smaller, boutique condos being built over large sky scrapers purchased as investments and filled with renters. This offers Torontonians a great option. (i'm sure at a $$$ price tag)

If it is a new proposal it will undergo a number of reviews and changes i'm sure - lets wait and see what happens.
but the concept is great for the area - there should be smaller, boutique condos being built over large sky scrapers purchased as investments and filled with renters. This offers Torontonians a great option. (i'm sure at a $$$ price tag)
What are you talking about? Is there a new proposal?

Back