Toronto 629 King Residences (was Thompson Residences) | 53.34m | 15s | Freed | Saucier + Perrotte

"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish", Douglas Adams

4149609839_ae9b7043ca_b.jpg

4149610697_a9eb0e4bea_b.jpg

Photo taken from 650 King St.W
4149603377_10d0493cc2_b.jpg

Does the fence mean Freed is getting ready to demolish the building or just keep people from parking in the lot? Does a demolition permit need to be posted?

4154092016_5024822bd3_b.jpg

You can probably guarantee that he's going to demolish it to make it an even larger parking lot.

I heard this is going to be a large hotel facing King and residential condos facing Stewart

hmmm ... i'm surprised that Thompson Hotels didn't have an exclusion clause in their contract prohibiting Freed from constructing/opening another hotel so close to theirs.

I heard this is going to be a large hotel facing King and residential condos facing Stewart

As I have reported previously, Freed hopes to make his "own" brand of boutique hotel for this site and condos. If only he could actually start new construction on stuff he sold years ago.

New sign

At first blush, I thought the second line said Visit Freedville - (Freeddevel...).

Noticed the fence was pushed behind the short stonewall.

4160412034_aa25a672b1_b.jpg

Last edited:
hey

am still; a little lost...is Freed going to build another hotel on this ground or condo/lofts? i really lkike the location and like Freeds building.

621 King St. W. (Condo/Hotel@King/Bathurst, Freed, ?s, ?Core)

New thread since Freed is now accepting registration for this development at 621 King St. W.

http://forms.itracmediav5.com/freed/621/freed_reg.html

Best available information to date is this:
- Condo/Hotel development on previous Travelodge site (motel now closed)
- "Freed Branded" Boutique Hotel to be built

There will be a new condo/hotel on this site.
I have started a new thread on project&construction.
Mods, you can move much of this content to that thread so that it is all in one place.
S'Bus

The massing implies one building which I find unfortunate. There doesn't appear to be a N/S pedestrian mew which would help in breaking up the long city block.

The inside scoop I heard on this was architects are now saucier perrotte and that the hotel is likely to be a Mondrian hotel by Morgans group.

Back