Project Essentials / dataBase – detailed project information, floor plans, renderings
Projects & Construction Thread
462 Eastern Avenue 
462 Eastern Avenue, Toronto
Developer: Graywood Developments, Alterra Group of Companies

462 Eastern Avenue | 27m | 9s | Graywood | Diamond Schmitt

Discussion in 'Buildings' started by AlbertC, Apr 5, 2012.

1. AlbertC

AlbertC Senior Member

http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentApplications/searchDevelopmentProjectsSetup.do?action=init

462 EASTERN AVE

Ward 30
    - Tor & E.York OPA / Rezoning 12 148473 STE 30 OZ Mar 30, 2012 ---

Official Plan Amendment and Rezoning application to permit the re-development of the lands for the purposes of a new mixed use development containing residential, and commercial uses. Included in the proposal is the construction of a 7 storey mixed use building complete with ground floor retail uses including a food store and 259 residential dwelling units above. An additonal 7, 3.5 storey town house type dwelling units would be constructed on the Logan Avenue facade . 288 parking spaces to serve the development are proposed to be provided, all in a below grade parking structure.

2. AlbertC

AlbertC Senior Member

There's also an application right beside it, although I don't know if it will be part of the same development.

459 EASTERN AVE

Ward 30
    - Tor & E.York OPA / Rezoning 12 148264 STE 30 OZ Mar 30, 2012 ---

Official Plan Amendment and Rezoning application to permit the re-development of the lands for the purposes of a new mixed use development containing residential, commercial and institutional uses. Included in the proposal is the construction of a 4 storey and 2 storey non-residential building fronting onto Booth Ave and an additional building 6 stories in height along the Eastern Avenue frontage containing 2 floors of retail and office uses and 71 live/work dwelling units above. 187 parking spaces to serve the development are proposed to be provided, 41 on the surface and 146 in a below grade parking structure.

3. Northern Light

Northern Light Senior Member

Hmmm

462 is definitely the Weston Bakery. The neighbourhood would lose its finest scent!

I assume the food store in question would then be a loblaws. (other options would be No Frills and T&T from the Weston family)

But that gets interesting, as Loblaws already operates just down the street and Eastern and Leslie, though that store is an eyesore....

459 appears to be across the street, on what is now parking.

I have no idea if the lands are related, though the otherwise co-incidental timing of the applications has me wondering if that parking is current for said bakery across the street.

All of this would imply the closure of said bakery; but I'm not aware of any announced plans to do so; anyone have any info (maybe I missed it)

4. gmania

gmania Active Member

459 & 462 Eastern Avenue (Weston Bakery, 2122498 Ontario Ltd, seeking 7 + 6 + 4 + 2s)

I did a search for this development and didn't find a thread, so here it is. If a thread exists, please merge/delete this one.

Applications have been submitted for the Weston Bakery at 462 Eastern Ave and its parking lot across the street (459 Eastern Ave). I've highlighted the sites on the map below. 176 Logan Avenue (in blue and partially cut off) is the parking lot for the bakery outlet store. I imagine it's included, but for whatever reason wasn't listed on the application for 462 Eastern Ave. 176 Logan Ave may just be a convenience or entrance address. Unsure.

[​IMG]

459 Eastern Avenue

OPA / Rezoning (Application #12 148264 STE 30 OZ)

Official Plan Amendment and Rezoning application to permit the re-development of the lands for the purposes of a new mixed use development containing residential, commercial and institutional uses. Included in the proposal is the construction of a 4 storey and 2 storey non-residential building fronting onto Booth Ave and an additional building 6 stories in height along the Eastern Avenue frontage containing 2 floors of retail and office uses and 71 live/work dwelling units above. 178 parking spaces to serve the development are proposed to be provided, 41 on the surface and 137 in a below grade parking structure.

[​IMG]

462 Eastern Avenue

OPA / Rezoning (Application #12 148473 STE 30 OZ)

Official Plan Amendment and Rezoning application to permit the re-development of the lands for the purposes of a new mixed use development containing residential, and commercial uses. Included in the proposal is the construction of a 7 storey mixed use building complete with ground floor retail uses including a food store and 259 residential dwelling units above. An additional 7, 3.5 storey town house type dwelling units would be constructed on the Logan Avenue facade. 288 parking spaces to serve the development are proposed to be provided, all in a below grade parking structure.

[​IMG]

___

I'd love someone with photography skills to shoot the old bakery before it's game over. In my opinion, it's a lovely old industrial building. I'll miss the smell.

Last edited: May 29, 2012
  5. bAuHaUs

bAuHaUs Active Member

Appears that this stretch of Eastern will get its well-deserved gentrification treatment.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2012
  6. Lenser

Lenser Senior Member

Interesting development.

I won't miss that yeasty bread smell, myself. But I welcome the change on Eastern. It's about time.

7. yonderbean

yonderbean Active Member

From the looks of that tiny image, the old bakery building is being incorporated into the new building. Possibly/likely a facade job.

8. adHominem

adHominem Active Member

As Eastern gets built up, I guess the writing's on the wall for Gale's Snack Bar. Which sucks, because Gale's is awesome.

9. AlbertC

AlbertC Senior Member

10. waterloowarrior

waterloowarrior Senior Member

Last edited: May 8, 2015
  11. ChesterCopperpot

ChesterCopperpot Senior Member

OMB Pre-hearing for the Weston Bakery site is on November 14th. Graywood are the developer for 462 Eastern.

City Staff will be hosting a meeting to let residents know the purpose of the OMB pre-hearing conference and to provide information on the City's Official Plan in regards to the Weston Bakery site at 462 Eastern Avenue.

Where: Bruce Junior Public School
    51 Larchmount

When: Thursday, November 3
    7:00 to 9:00

And as far as I'm aware - 462 and 459 are two different projects.

ADRM likes this.
  12. interchange42

interchange42 Administrator Staff Member

Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
  13. PMT

PMT Senior Member

Learn more about plans for Leslieville's Weston Bakery site

ADRM and interchange42 like this.
  14. ADRM

ADRM Senior Member

15. ChesterCopperpot

ChesterCopperpot Senior Member