Toronto The Livmore | 138.68m | 43s | Vertica | IBI Group

I am looking forward to seeing the real render. This is very good update on internationalism and it suits Toronto perfectly at this point in time. I think it is in good taste. The "cheek" doesn't hurt a bit either. Can you give me an advance on the colours?

Thanks,
TonyV

I have seen the plans in full, this project is by RAW and it is stunning. I think people will be really happy to have something more colourful on Bay.

AHHHH when do we get to see renderings?! I'm dying over here :D

i was going to say it kind of reminds me of something like Moshe Safdie's Parkside condo with staggered balconies, mix of glass and solid massing, etc.

for some reason, this reminds me of a Cinema Tower colour scheme... i think they might do something similar here (the orangish podium cladding they have mixed with glass)

for some reason, this reminds me of a Cinema Tower colour scheme... i think they might do something similar here (the orangish podium cladding they have mixed with glass)

not at all like cinema tower .... think vibrant colours, green walls etc

TOfan696, when do you anticipate we will see a rendering made public for this proposal? And what is the section half-way up clad with?

Lets not get all excited about Dutch modernism. Sure, it suits the Nederlands well enough - the Calvinist minimalism with a stubborn subversive Catholic minority expression. You sense the architects are trying to aggravate you with something, well, different. However, Torontonian's are so modest with our architecture: we want more simple glass boxes. Stay calm mijn burgers, just think of Karma. Casa. Four Seasons.

Lets not get all excited about Dutch modernism. Sure, it suits the Nederlands well enough - the Calvinist minimalism with a stubborn subversive Catholic minority expression. You sense the architects are trying to aggravate you with something, well, different. However, Torontonian's are so modest with our architecture: we want more simple glass boxes. Stay calm mijn burgers, just think of Karma. Casa. Four Seasons.

I have no idea what you are trying to say:

-"Let's not get all excited..." - Why not? I like the design and I'm kind of excited about it. I'm also very intrigued by TOfan696's comments on it.

-"You sense the architects are trying to aggravate you with something, well, different." So what? I like different....sometimes. "Different" is rarely an aggravating thing. Its usually refreshing. So if the architects are trying to aggravate me, they failed.

-" ...we want more simple glass boxes. Stay calm mijn burgers, just think of Karma. Casa. Four Seasons." We do? Was that sarcasm? What is your post trying to say??? Do you think that this rendering isn't a real design? Do you dislike it in the context of a Toronto building? And excuse my ignorance, but what the heck does "mijn burgers" mean?

Yeah, I have no idea what his post was trying to accomplish. I think the general gist is that we ARE excited about Toronto adopting more deliberately Dutch neo-modernist architecture, and I'm pretty sure we DON'T just want more CASA and Four Seasons. But thanks.

This RAW design presented for 43 Gerrard West is something that I like. I don't understand the knee-jerk reactions against it, but heck, some people are just wired to react that way when presented a new concept.

The philosophy in the design is simple. Variations in the cityscape generally occur in a horizontal manner, from building to building. In this design, some variations are introduced vertically, in one structure. What can be wrong with that?

Aside from all that, I find the design appealing, period. And it will mix well with all the other things going up in the area, aAs included. It's a good dialogue.

Back