Toronto Four Eleven King Condominiums | 149.04m | 45s | Great Gulf | KPMB

^^^ I like that idea, but the size of this particular site isn't big enough:

kingspadinadx1.jpg

Ah, definitely not enough space. I figured there might be because people were talking about surface parking here. Could be a tactic for more suburban developments though. Every time I head up to Markham and surrounding townships, the new developments are still being swallowed by a sea of parking. My old hometown of Stouffville is being developed into a massive 'take your car, power shopping supercentre-ville' and it's kind of sad. Almost as sad as the place was before anyway.

Aren't there any parking garages in the neighbourhood where LCBO customers can park? If people want to drive they can walk a block or two, just like any other store downtown.

We have to stop this insane mentality that one needs to be able to park, wherever one decides to go. This is a city of cars and that needs to change. I am not a radical and suggest that there should be no parking at all, but when are we going to finally tune-out these horrible Ratepayer groups, who decide they will quash anything that has to do with the removal of automobile access to their stores? They don't want bike lanes, no parking lots removed, no street parking removed etc. City hall needs to grow some balls and shut these people up.

p5

I can't believe people would be happy about an LCBO opening there. I used to work near there and have a friend who lives just east of there (in the pink tower on the south side of King), and the area has too many drunks and whinos on the street as it is. The LCBO would just encourage more.

Secondly, this is a key intersection downtown. To put any kind of store there without housing above it is ridiculous. It doesn't have to be a tall skyscraper, but there should at least by a midrise.

I can't believe people would be happy about an LCBO opening there. I used to work near there and have a friend who lives just east of there (in the pink tower on the south side of King), and the area has too many drunks and whinos on the street as it is.
No it doesn't. Shut up, we want an LCBO!! :mad:

I agree that a single storey development would be totally inappropriate here, but I can't believe anyone who in this neighbourhood would be opposed to an LCBO. Residents in my building were ecstatic, and they aren't impressed easily. I personally brag about it all the time. :D

Seriously, though, I've never seen a whino at this corner in almost two years. Drunk partygoers won't go away, though; this is King West. :confused:

Maybe not right at that corner, but definitely in the area. And I can almost guarantee there would be homeless drunks hanging around there with a liquor store. I don't live near there, so it doesn't mean much to me, but I wouldn't want it if I did live there.

I like the Hudson across the street (except for the blank wall on the north). Something like that would be great there. I consider this an important intersection, and to build a store without condos or offices on top would be a massive waste.

You'll find universal agreement if you read this thread. If you check one page back, you'll even see that 299 Bloor posted an article with comments from an LCBO spokesperson who agrees that one storey is inappropriate and that there will probably be expansion in the future.

I live here and hardly notice drunks walking around. No more than any other part of town i've ever lived. Sure you have some drunk frat boys and clubbers who are making their way to other clubs but not until after 10 or 11. Most of the time the street is full of 19 year old drunk girls falling over themselves.

Adam Vaughn is pushing the LCBO to do something more than a 1 story suburban store so hopefully we'll either see it tied to some development or the LCBO will hopefully try to make this store more of a showpiece.

As an area resident, I second the feelings of those who can't wait for a local LCBO and who never encounter drunks beyond the club clientele.

Yeah, the only drunks you see around here are passing through on their way to some other place. This corner is by no means their final destination, and an LCBO won't change that -- it won't even be open during those hours.

The Beer Store on Queens Quay hasn't facilitated a tent town in the adjacent parking lot, either. You occasionally see some homeless people returning empty bottles for refunds (usually after major holidays), but they're just trying to make a buck. They're not bothering anyone.

I can't really think of any other LCBO/Beer Store locations that have led to the de-gentrification of the neighbourhoods they're in.

You occasionally see some homeless people returning empty bottles for refunds (usually after major holidays), but they're just trying to make a buck. They're not bothering anyone.

These people are Bin Scavengers Every recycling p/up day all the bins and non refundable bottles in certain neighbourhoods are all over the place.And that bothers people.

Back