Toronto Four Eleven King Condominiums | 149.04m | 45s | Great Gulf | KPMB

187 metres is a crazy height here. Would say the same for the proposed heights at 400 Front. Not sure what relevance Cityplace has here even if it's a short walk away. Height should be appreciated and not just worshipped.

Ok. No chance of city approving this height here aside, can someone explain why this is "way too tall" for the area?
It's at a major intersection, with two street car lines. Its neighbours are mostly 40s + and it's very close to an approved super tall.
I'd much rather see a nearly 200m teeple tower than 2x 200m+ city place towers.

Regardless of the final height I welcome more work by Teeple.

Appreciation of height should not get confused with phobia of height either. As long as its a good design appreciation is warranted.

Has anyone seen an images that can be shared yet?

I first imagined it would be to protect the King street strip all the way to Bathurst so I did some digging and found this.

Page 6:
http://www1.toronto.ca/city_of_toronto/city_planning/urban_design/files/pdf/15kingspadina.pdf

From Charlotte to Bathurst Street, both sides of
King Street West are characterized by relatively
continuous frontages comprised of individual
industrial buildings constructed around the turn
of the century. Many of these buildings have also
been historically designated. In general, these
buildings are of masonry, have wider frontages,
are built to the street line, and have stepped entries
at grade due to a high basement level. There are
a variety of building heights. These historic buildings
are important as urban design precedents for future
development along this portion of the street.

This development falls between Charlotte and Bathurst.

Ok. No chance of city approving this height here aside, can someone explain why this is "way too tall" for the area?
It's at a major intersection, with two street car lines. Its neighbours are mostly 40s + and it's very close to an approved super tall.
I'd much rather see a nearly 200m teeple tower than 2x 200m+ city place towers.

Regardless of the final height I welcome more work by Teeple.

Appreciation of height should not get confused with phobia of height either. As long as its a good design appreciation is warranted.

Has anyone seen an images that can be shared yet?

It's significantly taller than the towers in the immediate area and would make a poor transition to the heritage/midrise area on the west side.

It's a condo in a market dominated by mid range investors. I don't share your optimism a design will be put forth of such quality to warrant an exception from sound city planning.

Last edited:
Look'n good
kYVdbyh.jpg

Looks quite nice. The white concrete(?) should help soften all the glass in the area.

Thanks for the link, UD. This looks like it might be the kind of proposal needed to get some of those reluctant to support height in the area to at least be ambivalent if not enthusiastic.

Sorry everyone, those renderings were not meant to be made public, and the copyright owner asked us to delete them from our site.

Back