Toronto Notting Hill Condominiums | 86.5m | 25s | Lanterra | Arcadis

Automation Gallery

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Gee, it looks like my favorite plant store is on the chopping block:eek:

4000 EGLINTON AVE W
Ward 04 - Etob. York District

Proposed amendments to the Etobicoke Zoning Code to permit a mixed use development consisting of a 24 storey tower (Building A), a 33 storey tower (Building B), a 30-storey and 27-storey tower (Building C and D connected by a shared podium) and an 18-storey tower (Building E). The primarily residential development would contain commercial/retail space in the ground floor of Buildings B, C, and D.

Proposed Use --- # of Storeys --- # of Units ---
Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
Rezoning 15 268318 WET 04 OZ Dec 22, 2015 Under Review

4000 EGLINTON AVE W
Ward 04 - Etob. York District

Proposed amendments to the Etobicoke Zoning Code to permit a mixed use development consisting of a 24 storey tower (Building A), a 33 storey tower (Building B), a 30-storey and 27-storey tower (Building C and D connected by a shared podium) and an 18-storey tower (Building E). The primarily residential development would contain commercial/retail space in the ground floor of Buildings B, C, and D.

Proposed Use --- # of Storeys --- # of Units ---
Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
Rezoning 15 268318 WET 04 OZ Dec 22, 2015 Under Review

Well at least the developer is not proposing more townhomes here.

Well at least the developer is not proposing more townhomes here.
Just imagine if the entire strip of the former vacant Richview lands was developed into townhouses similar to what's being built around Martin Grove and Kipling. That would've been an unmitigated disaster.

4000eglinton.png

I had to visualize where this site was, as I had no idea.

Quite a big site. I wonder how urban this area could look at full built-out. Does this site include Eglinton frontage or does the Richview corridor form a small strip between the property and Eglinton?

I also gotta wonder how automobile-oriented this development will be. You have to cross the street to get to the eastbound bus, and the nearest crosswalk is at Royal York. Not the nicest in the wintertime. Unless they can convince the city to add in a crosswalk in front of this development, which wouldn't be unprecedented with the density proposed, but would be to the ire of drivers.

Attachments

• 4000eglinton.png
    4000eglinton.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 3,295
Oh yes, there will have to be a new intersection created here with the development. It's almost impossible to make a left-hand turn out of Plant World onto Eglinton. Kinda sad though; it's a great greenhouse. But in keeping with every other property, it has to become condos one day. Even condos are becoming condos.

Wow, they're planning retail along this highway-esque stretch of Eglinton? Very ambitious. That's how you build a city, unlike those lame town homes between Martin Grove and Kipling...

Seems like a nice development for the area, only seen bunch of old towers in the area while speeding through towards downtown Eglinton area

Wow, they're planning retail along this highway-esque stretch of Eglinton? Very ambitious. That's how you build a city, unlike those lame town homes between Martin Grove and Kipling...
ya, thats how you build a city, by having 30 storey condos, Guess Toronto should teach London, Rome or Paris on how to build a city. Sure do not see condos that height there.

Rome has about 2.6M people and a density of 2,100 people per sq km. Paris has 2.3M and I doubt the figures are that much different. And before everyone compares Toronto to NYC, it's an island. They have no place to go except high.

Toronto is, similarly, an island, in that it is surrounded by the Greenbelt, which restricts where new subdivisions can go, just like a river or shoreline does. That's what's putting pressure on land within the city, and why we are going higher than we used to.

If you want to idealize London, Rome, or Paris in comparison, as if everything's better elsewhere, may I please take you on a tour of some of their suburbs?

What's going to happen with the nursery when the development starts ? Is it going to be relocated or closed down? Looking at the size of the building it probably serves a lot of locals that probably aren't too impressed with this condo idea !

Back