Toronto 3C Waterfront | ?m | ?s | 3C Lakeshore | Foster + Partners

Interesting to see the "potential red brick promenade" included (sort of).

upload_2017-1-31_9-46-57.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-1-31_9-46-57.png
    upload_2017-1-31_9-46-57.png
    474.8 KB · Views: 585
I also actually found this image in the heritage assessment quite helpful in contextualizing the site in non-render format.

View attachment 97464

And these conceptual renders, also from the heritage assessment, do the same:

upload_2017-1-31_9-53-27.png

upload_2017-1-31_9-53-45.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-1-31_9-53-27.png
    upload_2017-1-31_9-53-27.png
    284.3 KB · Views: 632
  • upload_2017-1-31_9-53-45.png
    upload_2017-1-31_9-53-45.png
    229.4 KB · Views: 616
This is good to know:
This Draft Plan of Subdivision application follows a recent settlement process with the City, which approved site-specific zoning bylaw and Official Plan provisions for the subject site. The planning provisions for the subject site support the proposed mixed use development consisting of residential, commercial, retail and public park/open spaces.

It sounds like things have actually been moving behind the scenes, and there is life in this project yet.

This is good to know:

It sounds like things have actually been moving behind the scenes, and there is life in this project yet.

Great find and, yes, great news. I haven't looked deeply yet, but I did flip through the docs to see if there was mention of whether construction is indeed contingent upon the completion of the floodproofing of the area (which would of course significantly move back the start date).

I believe unit occupancy needs the flood protection. This area is probably 7-8 years from floodplain removal, so construction could start in 3-4.

Extending Trinity Street from an East-West axis north of the Distillery district to a North-South axis south of the Gardiner is really going to confuse the pizza delivery industry.

Extending Trinity Street from an East-West axis north of the Distillery district to a North-South axis south of the Gardiner is really going to confuse the pizza delivery industry.

As a former resident on one of the 658 Walmer roads in the city, I can attest they will be confused.

or King Street (North, South, East, West) in Kitchener/Waterloo.

Trinity Street is a north-south street north of the Gardiner/railway corridor as well (the main north-south axis of the Distillery is Trinity), although it does bend slightly westward as it comes to an end at King Street East. That 3C map has mislabeled Mill Street as Trinity Street.

Where it might get confusing is that the current Trinity Street numbering starts just north of the railway (Balzac's in the Distillery District is 1 Trinity Street), and the municipal numbering goes up as the street extends northward (Enoch Turner Schoolhouse, near the north terminus of the street, is 106 Trinity Street). I suppose this new southerly extension of Trinity will need to be called Trinity Street South, with its own independent numbering.

Back