Toronto 388 King West | 146.3m | 33s | Allied | Hariri Pontarini

Thank you for alerting us to that!

The dataBase was corrected for both the height and the number of storeys (we had 29), and the thread title has been automatically updated.

New rendering?
From Allied's investor presentation in May 2016.

http://alliedreit.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2016/05/Allied-Properties-REIT_May-2016.pdf

40_zpslbdcp5xx.png

Last edited:
That report also includes this smaller image:

388KingMay2016Aer535.jpg

I wouldn't bank on this being the final design quite yet, as this building has had several designs proposed now. Until such time as a lead tenant speaks up for it, I'd say the design is still very much in play.

Attachments

• 388KingMay2016Aer535.jpg
    388KingMay2016Aer535.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 1,817
The base would be so much better if it was less "all glass lobby" and more "small storefronts and retail". The area would be better serviced without the deadening extension of the financial district.

The base would be so much better if it was less "all glass lobby" and more "small storefronts and retail". The area would be better serviced without the deadening extension of the financial district.
Please keep the "small storefronts and retail" for condominium bldgs. and let the office bldgs. have their "all glass lobby's":p

No one is building small storefronts unless the signed retail tenants ask for them. Same goes for the tower. You can say bye bye to the residential and the overall concept if they lure a sizable office tenant. Everything is built to suit. Remember the RBC building on Wellington that went from 50 storeys on a lowrise podium to a 40 storey tower on a midrise podium because RBC liked the idea of 50,000 square foot floor plates.

I'm an owner of a unit in the 11 Charlotte st building, and realized that this project at 388 King st would completely block our east side. Last thread from this forum is almost 4ys old now, has there been any updates on this project? Asking because I'm obviously concerned about having both south (400 King st) and east side views (388 King st) blocked.

Back