image.jpeg
    712.5 KB · Views: 908
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    707.7 KB · Views: 925
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    904.3 KB · Views: 921
That "brick" already looks dated - it's a very dull, flat tone. Compare it to the brick at Market Wharf or another similar project and it's like night and day. And of course, this isn't even real brick but rather stamped precast.

That "brick" already looks dated - it's a very dull, flat tone. Compare it to the brick at Market Wharf or another similar project and it's like night and day. And of course, this isn't even real brick but rather stamped precast.

horrid

At least it's a warmer material than just glass or more grey brick. And with the transition to the low-rise single family homes all around it I don't think it's such a bad choice.

That's bad. I'm not one to dismiss precast brick panels either. I hope this isn't the finished product.

It may not be the finished product; there's a wee possibility that this is merely insulation and that they will be covering up the unsightly precast brick panels with actual hand-layed brick. You know, the timeless kind of brick that looks elegant and attractive.

I said 'wee'.

On the bright side I just walked past this on my way home and the glass looks better in person, it has a blue tint and is quite reflective from certain angles. The spandrel did not seem quite so bad either. But the 'brick' was pretty bad.

And with the transition to the low-rise single family homes all around it I don't think it's such a bad choice.

I don't imagine anyone takes fault with the choice of brick or masonry here. It's the colour, and the use of stamped precast instead of real brick masonry, that people are taking fault with.

Anytime I see some brick-like substance appearing in a rendering I fear it will be these precast brick panels. Then it happens. So my fear comes from seeing too many precast brick panels being used nowadays. We shouldn't be jumping for joy when we see real brick masonry in new apartment construction, rather it should be the norm. We get so happy when we see quality materials being used. This is sad :(

p.s. And no, it never once occurred to me that paint will be/should be applied to precast brick panels. Has this ever magically ever turned them into real brick masonry like fairy dust? Then I'd be all for it.

As I said earlier, I'm not one to dismiss precast panels with a brick pattern stamped onto it. I do prefer brick but, it's often concrete with maybe limestone dust with too many inexperienced crews installing it. Hardly authentic or does it look better.

This is pretty repulsive... looks equally terrible and cheap in person. But I'm not surprised, as I'm generally not impressed with Menkes.

Back