I wonder what they're up to here??

34 KING ST E
Ward 28 - Tor & E.York District

Proposed Use --- # of Storeys --- # of Units ---
Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
Rezoning 16 159562 STE 28 OZ May 20, 2016 Application Received

image.jpeg
10 floors of office and 23 of residential.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    201.2 KB · Views: 3,238
King East is probably one of the very few streets that work just fine and additional density is not desired.
If they really want to add something, try Queen East instead.

Meh. It's got a bit too much happening with the cutouts and the second tier going on up top. Streamline and drop an element.

Hopefully there's retail in the base.

Its ok, not sure red is the right colour for the cut out portion. A brick, or a brick colour for the cut out would be better in my opinion, tie the old and the new together. Not sure whats with the top, I kinda just want to see this from other angles and better quality image.

Old brick building = heritage and is saved while mid-century modern = nothing and gets razed. Both should be saved.
Looks like the northern part of the heritage building might be going too based on the rendering. Also looks like a rebuilt cornice.

I'm happy to see a significant office component here. Design looks solid - I would guess Core. With respect to the additional density, I see no issue here; it's King Street just on the edge of the financial district.
I'm guessing Perkins + Will. It looks very Ryerson Church Street to me.

The ground level spaces look to have a low overhead clearance, which is a shame. The building next door has some strong geometries to work off of - shouldn't be that difficult.

Otherwise I'm completely "meh" on this one. It's a bit awkward and I need some plans/sections to see what's really going on.

It's awkwardly ugly. I'd be surprised if it wasn't a third rate copycat. Could be HP on an off day.

Back