Toronto 32 Camden | ?m | 12s | Sorbara | Core Architects

Both designs are very nice :cool:

They should sell the original plans to another developer :p

Regarding the facade, the link wannabeplanner posted states the following:

"Unlike the usual cookie-cutter condos we’ve all come to know and sort of love, 32 Camden is a sleek beast with an innovative cantilevered frontage and a decorative steel screen that will rust and weather over time, intentionally providing an organic look to the building."

So there will still be an element of colour, and it sounds like an interesting one.

^^^ That blog article was describing the previous design. It was paraphrased from an older article.
The new design does not feature any rusted metel elements or a cantilevered front facade.

I think the building looks best in sleek white. I am hoping they wont use the typical silver window frames you see everywhere. A darker gray (or even black) would definitely make the cool white patterned facade more prominant (like on the 25 Bond building). The design would be much stronger if there is more contrasting coloured materials (the same could be said with many other buildings in the city).

Last edited:
The sales centre for this project is currently being built out in the former 400 Wellington St W sales centre at 60 Bathurst. It looks like it will be ready soon.

I am not sure that is correct. The 400 Wellington sales centre is being transformed into a 400 Wellington decor centre for purchasers to pick finishes etc.
I got a call today from Sorbara advising such. Perhaps they will use the other vacant retail spot for 32 Camden.

Sorbara's 400 Wellington Sales centre is turning into a 32 Camden sales centre. The office area will also serve as a decor centre for 400 Wellington purchasers. This has now been confirmed.

From the facebook page

Attachments

• camden2.jpg
    camden2.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 412
  • camden1.jpg
    camden1.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 403
  • camden3.jpg
    camden3.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 410
  • camden5.jpg
    camden5.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 429
  • camden4.jpg
    camden4.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 408
Last edited:
I just got invited to a VVIP (yes, I'm very, very important haha) for this project next week. Looks like a beauty. hopefully their prices are beautiful too!

Got an invitation to an "Insiders Preview" event there on March 10.
They are offering "Special preview pricing" and a year's worth of maintenance fees for free for all sales that night.

Back