Toronto 32 Camden | ?m | 12s | Sorbara | Core Architects

Anyone know if there will be plans for the Toika Lounge building and small parking lot beside it? I believe it is 471 Richmond St. Basically the North side of Zen Lofts (42 Camden). Looking at a unit there and don't want to invest if the view is going to be blocked in the near future.

I walked by here today, the area is fenced in with an excavator, looks like they are ready for demolition. Didn't have the camera with me, but nothing really worth taking a picture of anyways.

The 2-3 storey commercial building which was in the fenced zone no longer exists as of a couple of days ago.

the building was redesigned recently. I had a glimpse of the new rendering and it looked very nice.. Fits thes street well. i will post it here if i can get my hands on the file.

can't wait to see it.

As much as I love tall buildings, it's always refreshing to see quality boutique condo buildings (less than 100 units). I don't think there is not enough in the city (besides Freedville).
I am curious to see Sorbara's plans for 42 Camden, if it hasn't been posted already.

The Sorbara people presented something different at a community meeting a little while back.

Looks like we'll have to all wait and see the marketing concepts before anything can be known for sure.

32camden2.jpg

The rusted-finish window fins are gone, as well as the cantilevered glass box.
The new design is cleaner and more prestine looking. I really like it.

The design reminds me of 25 Bond Street, a very striking condo building in Manhattan:
0314d_housing15bond_b.jpg

Last edited:
can't wait to see it.

As much as I love tall buildings, it's always refreshing to see quality boutique condo buildings (less than 100 units). I don't think there is not enough in the city (besides Freedville).

+1. We need a LOT more smaller but dense developments in the city.

Back