Toronto 300 Front Street West | 156.05m | 49s | Tridel | Wallman Architects

Although many architects are not always successful at this, 7WTC is definitely a good example of an attractive solution to hiding unsightly utilities or parking on the lower levels of a building:

DSCN2548.jpg

DSCN2549.jpg

That's exactly what they should do here. There's no way you'd think there was a transformer station in the base of this building.

maestro- yes we are fucked..And the wireless smog and wave transmission smog is only going to get worse, what with analog signals/channels being reconfigured to digital, new wireless bandwidths and frequencies being created to create higher densities of bandwidth, and other signals shooting and reflecting around us constantly, we are certainly being bombarded...however, electric smog is very different, mainly because of how it interferes with our own electric systems...not only physically damaging, but mentally as well...

zap! gives a whole new meaning to the song "walk on through, electric avenue.."

p5

the constellation energy building in Baltimore is built on top of a big substation. it is the brown part at the bottom of the building in the pic below

IMG_0593.JPG

So it's probably the Raffles/Tridel development V of E told us of. The height is there.. So is the location.

Good news! It's one of the most obviously best spots for a hotel in the city. Although it's surrounded by offices and a transformer, people will live literally anywhere if residences are built (witness housing across the street from Love Canal), but the site is just so perfect for either business or leisure visitors that a plain old condo would be a massive waste...even a massive 58 storey condo.

They built Village By The Grange which I quite like. Element is pretty good as well. Didn't Tridel also work with Brookfield on 10 Belair?

just had a thought: proximity to the Ritz could be an incentive for Raffles to build on this site. Just a thought, but it lends some credence to the idea that this is the Raffles project.

just had a thought: proximity to the Ritz could be an incentive for Raffles to build on this site. Just a thought, but it lends some credence to the idea that this is the Raffles project.

So this would be the first Raffles in Canada? Hmm.. I hope the design is somewhat daring, Ritz was different, Shangri-La was different, Four Seasons was an extrapolation of the Toronto style on steroids, and now - you have Raffles and Tridel who better impress us!

Filip - I would argue that the Ritz and Shangri-la are not different at all. I find them to be rather boring glass boxes. Sometimes there is nothing wrong with a boring glass box, but they are definitly not different.

Filip - I would argue that the Ritz and Shangri-la are not different at all. I find them to be rather boring glass boxes. Sometimes there is nothing wrong with a boring glass box, but they are definitly not different.

Name one building in our skyline with a faceted facade or a slanting facade/roof...

Back