Toronto 300 Front Street West | 156.05m | 49s | Tridel | Wallman Architects

The monoliths have been removed...

300Front.jpg

Attachments

• 300Front.jpg
    300Front.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 3,970
The "monoliths" that were in place previously were just temporary holders... they have now installed the permanent art fixtures which are much taller and larger than the previous shells that were in their place. Last night they were testing the lighting on them as well - looks like they will be a really cool addition to the area!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2355.jpg
    IMG_2355.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 3,182
  • IMG_2353.JPG
    IMG_2353.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 3,174
  • IMG_2351.JPG
    IMG_2351.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 3,126
  • IMG_2350.jpg
    IMG_2350.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 3,142
  • IMG_2349.JPG
    IMG_2349.JPG
    754.6 KB · Views: 3,125
  • IMG_2348.jpg
    IMG_2348.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 3,140
clearly this complex was designed and built using glass and spandrel that was found discounted at a mix and match sale. the colour palette is depressing and triggers my gag reflex.

Everything about this project is so haphazard, it's like looking into a broken kaleidoscope (on acid). I was hoping the landscaping might soften it, but even that gives me a headache.

Well, the stone pathway is nice. Looks like limestone possibly.

The two floors that are higher than the rest always catch my eye in an unappealing way.

Was surprised and then I remembered how two Halloween's ago I went to a friend-of-a-friend's place in this building for a get together and there were several people in the lobby loudly, openly bragging about how much "blow" they had. Shame really, had quite the view from the balcony.

The role Airbnb has here can't be overlooked. It personally strikes me as absurd that people are allowed to rent out their units like this. And other residents are fully entitled to be upset about htis.

Back