Toronto Natasha Residences | 156.9m | 47s | Lanterra | BDP Quadrangle

???? :confused:

Always look forward to more Teeple....

I'm also a fan of Teeple, but from what I can tell from the preliminary renderings, this design is nothing to get excited about, and certainly not worth sacrificing the Purman Building.

Hi there,

Same question here. Has this project been approved? Does any one know of any progress on this project? I understand from some of the investors that Neilas are facing problems in paying interest to the investors for this project. Is there any investor here also who has not received interest payments from Neilas on their investment in this project?

Hi there,

Same question here. Has this project been approved? Does any one know of any progress on this project? I understand from some of the investors that Neilas are facing problems in paying interest to the investors for this project. Is there any investor here also who has not received interest payments from Neilas on their investment in this project?

I think this is a major disaster in the making. have these guys even submitted a rezoning application yet?

Lands bounded by John Street, Adelaide Street West, Duncan Street and Pearl Street – City Initiated Official Plan Amendment – Final Report

September 18, 2015
Toronto and East York Community Council
Director, Community Planning, Toronto and East York District Wards:
Ward 20 – Trinity-Spadina
Reference Number: 15-200990 STE 20 OZ

An Official Plan Amendment is proposed by the City of Toronto to establish a Site and Area Specific Policy (SASP) for the block bounded by John Street to the west, Adelaide Street West to the north, Duncan Street to the east and Pearl Street to the south. The intent of the policy is to limit the block to a maximum of three new tall buildings, with a minimum separation of 20 metres between tall building towers and maximum tower floorplates of 700 square metres. The Draft Official Plan Amendment is in Attachment 1.

The block is subject to applications for tall buildings at 283 and 263 Adelaide Street West at the west and northwest parts of the block, and the application at 283 Adelaide Street West has been appealed to the Ontario Municipal Board. The owner of the property fronting Pearl Street has also expressed an interest in developing a tall building and the remainder of the block is occupied by buildings of heritage interest. In order to appropriately guide the future development of the block and at the request of various landowners on the block, the City is initiating an Official Plan Amendment. A Site and Area Specific Policy is appropriate to ensure that several key parameters are met, including any towers within the block having a separation distance of 20 metres. This would also result in a maximum of three slender towers within this block.

Lands bounded by John Street to the west, Adelaide Street West to the north, Duncan Street to the east and Pearl Street to the south A maximum of three new tall buildings shall be permitted within these lands generally as shown on Map 1 below, minimizing direct tower to tower facing conditions.

A minimum separation distance between tall buildings of 20 metres must be provided. The tall building floorplates must not exceed 700 square metres.

All tall buildings on the block must be less than 157 metres in height, including all mechanical elements.

Development will respect and reinforce the heritage character of the block and contribute to public realm improvements on the block.

http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2015/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-84028.pdf

Last edited:
This seems to show the sculpted south-west corner, as per the potential new block plan:

img-263Adelaide-1_sm.jpg

Back