Toronto EQ Bank Tower | 105.18m | 23s | First Gulf | Sweeny &Co

First Gulf likely isn't moving into the Globe and Mail Centre, as they have a history of wanting to move downtown but then they find other tenants to fill their intended new space. So this MAY be where they plan on ending up. It's frustrating for First Gulf employees who keep getting teased about a downtown headquarters...

And they may just want to wait until the Unilever site to move...who knows?

Just curious with the existing and u/c office development, is there still demand? (over 1 million sq. ft. of future office space) in that area, if so it was unexpected:cool:

Over a million square feet? Maybe. Globe & Mail is by far the largest at around 500k. Rest are 50k to 150k.

I wasn't counting this tower as we don't know anything about it.

You do seem quite confident. How did you come up with that figure? The site is much smaller than the G+M tower site. The planned 27 storey residential tower was around 250k. Would 500k even be possible at 100% coverage?

I wasn't counting this tower as we don't know anything about it.

You do seem quite confident. How did you come up with that figure? The site is much smaller than the G+M tower site. The planned 27 storey residential tower was around 250k. Would 500k even be possible at 100% coverage?
Haha, you know me and height, you're right, it looks more like they might get 8-10 storeys here, anyways any additional office space is all good for this neighbourhood

Haha, you know me and height, you're right, it looks more like they might get 8-10 storeys here, anyways any additional office space is all good for this neighbourhood
As the previous proposal for 27 floors of residential was just about approved by the City and the problems were not with height but with ventilation etc to do with the adjacent SAS Building I suspect that any new proposal will have a similar height (though fewer floors as commercial floors are larger than residential ones.) The earlier proposals had all worked out how to save the external parts of the old pharmaceutical building and re-purpose the ground level for a restaurant I suspect that this too will be worked out.

I suspect that any new proposal will have a similar height (though fewer floors as commercial floors are larger than residential ones.)

Interesting, so you gather that they will be proposing something around 70 meters (height of original 21s proposed condo tower), that would be 7 meters shorter than the u/c 17s Globe bldg
...so we are most likely looking at 13-15 floors of office space here, not bad at all:cool:

Interesting, so you gather that they will be proposing something around 70 meters (height of original 21s proposed condo tower), that would be 7 meters shorter than the u/c 17s Globe bldg
...so we are most likely looking at 13-15 floors of office space here, not bad at all:cool:
I have no idea what they will propose, my opinion (for what it's worth) is that the City (or the neighbourhood) would not have much problem with an office tower not significantly higher than the residential tower they just about approved a while ago.

No, my point refers to square footage. 500k, even 350k, looks to be physically impossible at 15 storeys.

How about 400K at 18 storeys? From a banner at the Globe And Mail topping off party.

IMG_7138.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7138.JPG
    IMG_7138.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 3,474

Back