Burlington 2362 Fairview Street | ?m | 11s | Lockwood Leasing

Paclo

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score

New pre-application in Burlington:
The proposed development features an 11 storey C shaped building with a central court. The proposal will have 341 square metres of community space and 280 square metres of retail on the ground floor. A total of 338 units are proposed with various unit sizes and types ranging from bachelor units to two-bedroom+ dens. The ground floor includes two-storey, three-bedroom townhouses.
Development-Rendering.png

2362-fairview-Location-Map.png

May 2023 Streetview of the site:
1704300052832.png

@Paclo beat me to it! haha. Here's a zoomed out map. The site is under one kilometre from Burlington GO and the Burlington Centre mall. As you can see in the streetview picture from Paclo, Fairview has had some good work done in the last few years in preparation for these inevitable developments, with very wide sidewalks and new trees planted along the entire length between the mall and Brant street. As of right now the grocery situation isn't great, with only a Walmart and a Goodness Me within walking distance, but hopefully we will see a major grocery store go into one of the developments across the road eventually.

Screenshot 2024-01-03 173652.png

It’s about time this lot, long used for storage, found a new purpose in life. But this proposal is going to be a lonely residential enclave for a while. Between Drury and Guelph there is no residential……only potential (including current large properties on Guelph Line). And to the west you only have the stalled (?) redevelopment on the western corner of Drury Lane and Fairview. And to the west of that, the current and building condos at the GO train station. I’m not sure why you would not develop this site to this height, but as commercial and office space (which is needed in the area).

Back