Toronto 22 Condominiums | ?m | 23s | Lanterra | architectsAlliance

22 Wellesley

Sorry if there's already a thread on this but I'm too lazy to look back for it. Feel free to copy and paste this in the official thread (if there is one) and to use them for UrbanDB.

Pics taken today:

DSC01161.jpg

DSC01159.jpg

DSC01158.jpg

Is it just me or is every second condo using the same style of cladding these days? Getting a little tiresome.

NICE! Look like a nice clean facade, without opaque spandrel panels seen on other projects like Spire or ROCP.

Note the use of the round columns at the corners (avoiding use of the opaque panels i.e. when there's a square column) and how the partition wall terminates cleanly at the window mullion (and not betweeen mullions which requires an opaque panel to hide it).

Spire does the same thing with the round columns in the corner enclosed by clear glass.

"Im not liking the one wall"

does it really matter though - not likely to remain a skyline feature for long

I think this project is turning out very nicely - an excellent in-fill in the downtown neighbourhood. Toronto needs more smartly designed projects of this scale to fill in those awkward little spaces everywhere - especially close to TTC stations.

The wall is a building code issue. Window openings within a certain distance of a neighbouring building are restricted. There is every possibility that the lot next door would get redeveloped.

There's already a proposal for the lot next door, a 40-something storey tower that would completely block 22 Wellesley's East facade

I think Spire uses opaque panels mid-facade to cover up walls ends. If their wall ends lined up with the mullions, Spire would have more flexibility to randomize the opaque panel pattern.

There is variety in the placement of the yellow panels, within the context of the wall-end covering vertical strips that they are a part of.

And perhaps the restricted placement of this decoration - parallel and equally spaced thin vertical strips rather than randomly all over the building - has worked to emphasize the slimness of the tower?

Pity those who purchased east facing views! I suppose that the neighboring developments has a few years+ to go before it will actually impact the residents of 22 Wellesley.

It's a fantastic infill though. It's wonderful to see Wellesley gentrifying- FINALLY.

Any idea the average sales price /sq. ft. in that building?

I haven't seen the floorplans - do people with east facing views not have either south facing, or north facing, views as well?

I haven't seen the floorplans - do people with east facing views not have either south facing, or north facing, views as well?

The living areas face north or south in those units. Bedrooms and/or dens are on the east side

Back