News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 755     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.2K     3 

Toronto 2015 Pan American Games

Actually,

The lights were on for half of his set, and he performed directly at the athletes near the stage. During his final song, his mic seemed to cut out and he threw it in the air before skipping off stage. Organizers said this was all planned, just part of the Kanye flair.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/panamgames/2015/07/26/pan-am-games-closing-ceremony-coverage.html

It was reported as a technical fault on Twitter.

As to the fireworks - nice but way too short - you really need it off barges on the lake to supplement it. That, and I was hoping to see a fireworks "waterfall" from the communications /antenna level of the Skypod.

AoD

The fireworks off the CN Tower were great, but I agree they needed some going off int he harbour too.

All-in-all, these games were a huge success - the city did a fantastic job. I'm looking forward to the Para-Pan Am Games.

Just one opinion here but the Pitbull/Kanye performances were utter garbage, but then again the whole genre is completely lost on me.

Fireworks off the CN Tower should occur ever new year's; instead of those pathetic ones we get at NPS that look like they purchaed at a convenience store.

I agree, but they'll probably throw in some excuse, like only an Olympic event has the budget to retrofit the CN Tower, or that it's now a safety issue and can no longer be done, or it's more difficult in the winter than the summer. :rolleyes:

Just one opinion here but the Pitbull/Kanye performances were utter garbage, but then again the whole genre is completely lost on me.

Wouldn't it make more sense to put the latter point first? :)

I agree, but they'll probably throw in some excuse, like only an Olympic event has the budget to retrofit the CN Tower, or that it's now a safety issue and can no longer be done, or it's more difficult in the winter than the summer. :rolleyes:

Try explaining to the bean counters at the city the value of literally burning money :rolleyes:

AoD

Why do people like Pitbull?

Pitbull was actually my favourite part of the night. The energy in the dome during his performance was incredible. And I don't even like Pitbull!

His music is just the type that gets people on their feet. Very anthem-y

It was reported as a technical fault on Twitter.

As to the fireworks - nice but way too short - you really need it off barges on the lake to supplement it. That, and I was hoping to see a fireworks "waterfall" from the communications /antenna level of the Skypod.

AoD

From what I remember, Kanye asked for the lights to come on... and then they did. Definitely seemed like it was planned watching from inside.

Toronto is going to get a lot of free promotion with this sign. Most of those selfies will be posted online and tweeted to friends and family around the world.

I'm sad the Pan-Am Games is over. I was having so much fun!

They need to keep that for as long as they possibly can. It was probably one of the best things that happened.

I kind of miss not hearing news of the games.

Anyone else take a Pam Am Vacation? I've just returned from two weeks on Vancouver Island, determined to avoid the HOV commute and circus of the event. Vancouver Island was wonderful, every day about 21'C, no humidity and full sun, great hiking west of Port Alberni, fun in Victoria, whale watching, boating and cycling. I rented on AirBnB in Oak Bay, definitely a great place to live or retire.

Back