Toronto 1Thousand Bay | 104.85m | 32s | Cresford | a—A

The driveway down to the parking is on Bistro 990 side. Perhaps the chimney lines up with the ramp, in which case it would be next to open space, and presumably stay legal.

The tower design and base/podium remind me a bit of 1121 Bay :) which is a good thing.

The tower design and base/podium remind me a bit of 1121 Bay :) which is a good thing.

Ah, 1121 Bay, a personal favourite of mine. :)

1121Bay.jpg

Trump will look much better than this unfinished looking piece of poo. I really dislike the base with its unfinished concrete columns and tacked on cheap "public art".

elevn21_art.jpg

Interesting: for the first time downtown, a Hilton Garden Inn will be built across from what can actually be construed as a garden (unlike at the Entertainment district and Jarvis/Dundas locations). Meanwhile, those existing location must be doing well for that brand or they would not be so quickly planning their third.

984 appears to be clearing out. It's a dilapidated 8? story medical building immediately south of 990 Bay's Italian restaurant & parking lot slated to be replaced by a hotel, Is it the same project?

Really, you consider that dilapidated? The base looks recently refinished, and the rest of the building is in pretty good shape...

Really, you consider that dilapidated? The base looks recently refinished, and the rest of the building is in pretty good shape...

Well, dilapidated by Bay standards. The ground floor pharmacy/clinic is gone (I think) and the directory is bare aside from the names of about 6 doctors.

btw, what is that tagline about moments slipping away etc. I dont get it - from a song or something? I think all taglines should be banned, preferably by Chief Blair:)

Well, dilapidated by Bay standards. The ground floor pharmacy/clinic is gone (I think) and the directory is bare aside from the names of about 6 doctors.

btw, what is that tagline about moments slipping away etc. I dont get it - from a song or something? I think all taglines should be banned, preferably by Chief Blair:)

Okay, I guess it is shabbier than much of Bay nowadays, though I still think 984 looks better than the RoCP abominations! I didn't realize that the pharmacy had vacated either; it was there until fairly recently.

My signature is from a Flaming Lips song: Ego Tripping at the Gates of Hell. Also the inspiration for my forum name. Beautiful song, great band. Chief Blair can eat it if he were to agree with banning it.

It's "dilapidated" because it's smaller-scaled c1950ish in a zone with little left like it. But the thermopanes mean it isn't quite dilapidated dilapidated--cf. Scientology at Yonge + St Mary, which maintains its original windows to the point of taped-up hilarity. (Though that's why I love it. Thermopanes are boring.)

Back