Streetview.JPG
    136.4 KB · Views: 2,040
Render from BBB Architects:
upload_2016-12-8_10-34-6.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-12-8_10-34-6.png
    upload_2016-12-8_10-34-6.png
    330.1 KB · Views: 1,453
The cladding on this one features a bunch of colours. It looks like white, slate, and either limestone or buff coloured brick. dataBase with coloured renderings now live at the top of the page, and a front page story here.

I was going to say; I think if they stick to the sort of material is depicted in this rendering, it could save the design presence of the building to a degree:

24095-83759.jpeg

(image from UT frontpage story)

This is the kind of project where anything would be an improvement over what is there currently.

Underwhelming or not, I like it. It adds needed density and its architecture is far from insulting.

Surprised this one is receiving such a lukewarm reception here. I would actually say, especially in that rendering, that the floating vertical planes motif it has going on is quite sophisticated and restrained but in a successful manner. In terms of design concept I'm a big fan of it, although I do worry that the materiality will be a let-down because 'budgets' (read: it will be crappy window wall).

Conceptually based on the rendering, this could be a rather positive project. Although, my primary concern is the architect at work here. BBB's main contribution in this city so far has been The Mercer condo which is mediocre at best. If this goes through, then I hope their execution ends up better here.

Back