Toronto 170 Spadina | 46.94m | 12s | Plaza | BDP Quadrangle

I think a couple of Wallman's designs look much better when they were finished then the renderings, my favourites include Reve and Victory.

I have no problem with this design, I don't think a project has to necessarily 'suit' a street, I think a juxtaposition of styles and heights makes things interesting.

170 SPADINA AVE

OPA / Rezoning 12 108570 STE 20 OZ Ward 20
- Tor & E.York Jan 19, 2012 --- --- --- Cantos, Jeffrey
(416) 338-5740

Rezoning application to permit the redevelopment of the existing two storey non residential building on the site for a new 19 storey mixed use building complete with 292m2 of retail area at the ground floor and 210 residential units above. Included in the proposal is 44 vehicular parking spaces to serve the development, all of which would be located below grade.

I'd really like to see this jump start Spadina between Queen and College as the newest "hot zone" for development. It's been bizarrely ignored during this massive condo boom.

The area has good bones to start with but it is such a dump. I would hope it stays mid-rise.

I think it is an appropriately cheeky name for a building in the Fashion District.

Back