Toronto 16 York | 154.83m | 32s | Cadillac Fairview | a—A

When this building is complete, York Street will be the first north-south roadway in Toronto that connects the city north of the rail corridor to the waterfront without a parking lot or empty space along the way. This is an amazing transformation and the view from York Quay is beautiful. We are slowly becoming a waterfront City!

Toronto's PATH Map includes a future connection across York St. and through this development site. Does anyone know if an underground or elevated crossing of York St. will be included in this project?

Toronto's PATH Map includes a future connection across York St. and through this development site. Does anyone know if an underground or elevated crossing of York St. will be included in this project?

Underground and it's the same connection being build that's already underway from Ice Condos.

You already can, multiple ways. You could either go north into Union and take the SkyWalk, or you could walk through Telus House to 18 York to the Bremner Tower to the Delta.

Today:

16IMG_5048.jpg

Attachments

• 16IMG_5048.jpg
    16IMG_5048.jpg
    554.9 KB · Views: 349
Good finding, but i hope Amazon will lease Union centre instead of this one.
Union centre architecture will be a better fit for Amazon than the 16 York style.
16 York could have been so much better in term of architecture.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-08 at Friday Sep 8, 2017 1.06.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-08 at Friday Sep 8, 2017 1.06.05 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 432
  • Screen Shot 2017-09-08 at Friday Sep 8, 2017 1.06.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-08 at Friday Sep 8, 2017 1.06.14 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 326
Good finding, but i hope Amazon will lease Union centre instead of this one.
Union centre architecture will be a better fit for Amazon than the 16 York style.
16 York could have been so much better in term of architecture.
@enrigue8, stop using architecture as the main reason why companies should or should not locate their offices there. I have not heard much about the Union Centre lately, and Amazon's requirements include space of up to 8,000,000 square feet, which means multiple buildings, and the Union Centre looks like 1 building.

I suppose you could be looking at multiple Union Centre-style buildings around where the Unilever site is.

Oh note for those Amazon towers in Seattle, that area has a fairly similar feel to some SoCo areas on a slow day. Newer buildings with no real "life" there yet. That said last two times I was there there was still much work to be done! Highly recommend seeing the domes, those pictures don't do the structure justice.

Back