Brampton 14 Chinguacousy Road | ?m | 4s | Singh & Tariwal | technoarch

Paclo

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
14 Chinguacousy Road: proposed 7 x 4-storey stacked-townhouse blocks designed by technoarch for Singh & Tariwal on the east side of Chinguacousy Road, west of Mavis Road, south of Ray Lawson Boulevard and north of Highway 407 in Brampton's Churchville neighbourhood.

Renderings from the pre-consultation package:
PRE_Architectural Package-8.jpg

PRE_Architectural Package-7.jpg

PRE_Architectural Package-6.jpg

PRE_Architectural Package-2.jpg

PRE_Architectural Package-3.jpg

PRE_Architectural Package-5.jpg

Perhaps, but with the parking lots it looks like developments you'd seen in wealthier parts of a city in a country like Nigeria or South Africa. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I feel like what is missing is a stucco or brick wall around the compound. But without the parking spaces, it seems more like something in Scandinavia.
There is too much decoration for it to be Germany (anything new here is a simple plain stucco box in either white or grey).

The masterplan where each block is surrounded by surface parking is horrible. I can't believe anyone would propose that. No one gets any green space. There's not even any meaningful communal green space.

The masterplan where each block is surrounded by surface parking is horrible. I can't believe anyone would propose that. No one gets any green space. There's not even any meaningful communal green space.

Each one of them gets a green space: EV plugs at every parking space.

14 Chinguacousy Road: proposed 7 x 4-storey stacked-townhouse blocks designed by technoarch for Singh & Tariwal on the east side of Chinguacousy Road, west of Mavis Road, south of Ray Lawson Boulevard and north of Highway 407 in Brampton's Churchville neighbourhood.

Sounds confusing, as Chinguacousy is seen as a continuation of Mavis, not running parallel to it.

Sounds confusing, as Chinguacousy is seen as a continuation of Mavis, not running parallel to it.
Yes and no. They were realigned to run into each other, for some reason, but Chinguacousy is Second Line West, which is known as that and Silken Laumann Way and Terry Fox Way in Mississauga. Of course, as Mississauga and Brampton love to do, they butchered Second Line West and broke it up. And then we wonder why traffic is so bad when there aren't enough arterials. They butchered Creditview too, even worse. Why they couldn't just leave the concession roads alone and build around them I'll never understand.

Yes and no. They were realigned to run into each other, for some reason, but Chinguacousy is Second Line West, which is known as that and Silken Laumann Way and Terry Fox Way in Mississauga. Of course, as Mississauga and Brampton love to do, they butchered Second Line West and broke it up. And then we wonder why traffic is so bad when there aren't enough arterials. They butchered Creditview too, even worse. Why they couldn't just leave the concession roads alone and build around them I'll never understand.

I was referring to the area where the names overlap (i.e: here). The reason Second Line was butchered was to preserve Meadowvale Village: They didn't want to widen it to six lanes through it, and with Mavis so close it was reasonable to bypass it. I agree with you regarding Creditview though. Why it was tied into Meadowvale Blvd. and Financial Dr. extended to Steeles and beyond (requiring a turn to continue north) rather than a continuous Creditview is beyond me. But I think the reason is was never left intact in Brampton itself was to avoid building a new bridge across the Credit River.

Back