Barrie 115 Bayfield Street | 33.65m | 8s | DMS Group | Kirkor

Undead

Member Bio
Reaction score
N.B. I'll be posting a bunch of recent development applications in Barrie. Generally, I'll only be including proposals that have had some activity in the last 2-3 years. There are a few more proposals that seem to have stalled years ago, so my posts today aren't exhaustive. But it's clear development is on fire in Barrie--another place flying relatively under the radar like KW and Hamilton. Apologies if any of these proposals have already been posted and please merge the threads.

Application: https://www.barrie.ca/City Hall/Planning-and-Development/Proposed-Developments/Ward2/Pages/113-and-117-Bayfield-Street_6-and-8-and-12-Sophia-Street-East.aspx

Amendment to the Zoning BylawJune 18, 2020Zoning By-law Amendment Adopted March 1st, 2021
Site Plan ApplicationAwaiting Submission

"The purpose of the Zoning By‐law Amendment Application is to rezone the lands from Transitional Centre Commercial (C2‐1) to Residential Apartment Dwelling Second Density (RA2‐1) (SP‐XXX) with site-specific provisions, to permit the development of an eight storey apartment building that will contain 108 residential units.

The special zoning provisions being requested by the applicant would permit a reduced parking ratio and permit limited tandem parking, permit reduced setbacks and an increased lot coverage and gross floor area, and permit a reduced landscape open space area and landscape buffer.

The proposed development would result in the creation of 70 Affordable Housing Units, in support of the City of Barrie's Affordable Housing Strategy."

Renders from arch plans:

1.JPG
2.JPG

Streetview:

3.JPG

Back