Toronto 109OZ Condos | 20.12m | 6s | Reserve Properties | RAW Design

Still waiting to see when this project will destroy the neighbourhood. Has to be soon right?

A friend of mine lives directly across the street from this project and has said it's been a nightmare. She's had to call the police about a dozen times.

A friend of mine lives directly across the street from this project and has said it's been a nightmare. She's had to call the police about a dozen times.

Not to speak for Ed, but I'm pretty sure that's not what he was referring to (it was the unbridled and silly NIMBYism to which I believe he was referring).

Playful colour scheme carries through to the lobby as well:

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    136.8 KB · Views: 566
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    148 KB · Views: 555
Pretty much done, it seems, save for a build-out of the retail space once it's leased. Very nice addition to the street.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    169.2 KB · Views: 558
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    224.7 KB · Views: 572
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    130.7 KB · Views: 597
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    179.5 KB · Views: 556
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    135.3 KB · Views: 573
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    109.1 KB · Views: 552
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    197.2 KB · Views: 567
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    271 KB · Views: 559
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    215.6 KB · Views: 566
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    243.3 KB · Views: 556
Looking good.

IMG_0292.JPG

There is a good amount of sidewalk space here. Maybe a patio space? The retail area is massive, good for a large restaurant.

IMG_0294.JPG

A nice little heritage plaque about Mohammad Ali:

IMG_0293.JPG

An inaccessible "accessible entrance" to the retail space.

IMG_0297.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0292.JPG
    IMG_0292.JPG
    180.9 KB · Views: 809
  • IMG_0293.JPG
    IMG_0293.JPG
    196.3 KB · Views: 786
  • IMG_0294.JPG
    IMG_0294.JPG
    208.7 KB · Views: 762
  • IMG_0297.JPG
    IMG_0297.JPG
    130.9 KB · Views: 786
Looking good.

View attachment 133122

There is a good amount of sidewalk space here. Maybe a patio space? The retail area is massive, good for a large restaurant.

View attachment 133124

A nice little heritage plaque about Mohammad Ali:

View attachment 133123

An inaccessible "accessible entrance" to the retail space.

View attachment 133125

Yeah, that patio space will probably benefit from TO's new sidewalk patio guidelines if/when they're passed as recommended; one could probably do a row of tables along the westerly edge of the sidewalk beside the parked cars in between the poles and trees (though, w/r/t the inaccessible accessible entrance, they'd probably have to fix that before making that sort of an application, as a Stopgap ramp would probably render sidewalk itself inaccessible with the patio seating).

a stopgap ramp wouldn't be considered acceptable anyway - they are technically in violation of city by-laws, but by-law officers ignore them as they provide a great benefit. A new construction development like this though would never be allowed to rely on them.

a stopgap ramp wouldn't be considered acceptable anyway - they are technically in violation of city by-laws, but by-law officers ignore them as they provide a great benefit. A new construction development like this though would never be allowed to rely on them.

Right. What's extra bizarre about that non-ramp above is that you can see it is actually sloped, just not enough. Bad contractor maybe?

There is now signage up for no less than four retailers slated to occupy the ground floor space: Pilot Coffee, Fresh City Farms, a sushi place, and I can't remember the fourth.

Nice to have that many retailers coming in, making for smaller individual retail units.

There is a shoppers literally a block to the south - Even given Shoppers tendencies to locate stores extremely close together, this would have surprised me.

Back