Toronto 101 Erskine Condos | 106.07m | 32s | Tridel | CS&P

• Thread starter TheAlmightyFuzzy
  • Start date
T

TheAlmightyFuzzy

99erskine.jpg

www.beauxproperties.com/index2.htm

To replace an existing surface parking lot facing Erskine Ave.
Pretty mundane building but will add extra density to the Yonge/Eglinton area.

If it's the lot I'm thinking of, which I think it is, I could see at least another tower going in here (on second thought, I think it's two separate-but-adjacent lots, but you get the idea) . Looks like this is new rental, which is always nice to see.

That rendering brings to me an interesting question... what if every "commie" slab in this city were replaced by a glass slab like this?

The apartment building behind it is crap. In my search for a new apartment, I have found that it is among the worst buldings in the Yonge and Eglinton/St. Clair area.

This building is an interesting update on the commie slab. In terms of its scaling, it could be 1972, but with a more modern look. Sort of contextual.

HARSH!

"The apartment building behind it is crap. In my search for a new apartment, I have found that it is among the worst buldings in the Yonge and Eglinton/St. Clair area."

Damn you guys are harsh! I work for the company that owns that 'crap' building and am alarmed by your comment. We take great pride in our buildings! It's always full and our residents are typically very happy. What's your beef with it? How can we improve?

Thanks to everyone for your comments about our new development. We are very excited about it and are always interested in thoughts from the forum. We want our building to blend into the amazing character of the area and thus have tried to integrate into the existing site as much as possible. Are there any design elements that you guys would like to see improved?

Re: HARSH!

^is it a rental and if so what's the timeline for completion

99, are there any plans to develop the rest of the lot, including the outdoor pool? I used to cut through this lot on my way to the subway and was always amazed that so much prime land was being used for surface parking. Maybe if you angled everything just-so, you could squeeze a few more towers in there without ruining everyone's view -- which I suppose is less of a concern in a rental building anyway?

The completion date is a function of the approval process. An application for rezoning is forthcoming at which point further details will be addressed. The building will be a condominium titled entity & it will be developed with an eye towards maximum intensification of the property.

"The apartment building behind it is crap. In my search for a new apartment, I have found that it is among the worst buldings in the Yonge and Eglinton/St. Clair area."
Here is my explanation. Right off the bat I knew something was up because $1025 for a one bedroom is much too cheap for the area. The halls were exceptionally dark and depressing, therefore my mind was made up before even entering the unit. The superintendent showed me an apartment which was still occupied, dirty, and overcrowded. No dishwasher, no air conditioning. I didn't bother taking note of other important things like light fixtures, interior finishes, appliances, or layout as I already knew the building did not feel right.

It's entirely possible that I was shown an unrenovated unit in an unrenovated hall. However I can only base my opinion on what I was shown, and if there actually were better apartments, it's up to the leasing office to market the building as effectively as possible! Based on my experience, the building was depressing and had poor value compared to other similarly priced apartments in the area. For an extra $200 a month, you can get a substantially better apartment in a renovated building. Again, this is all based on the unit I was shown.

Edit: the posted office hours (M-F, 9-4) are also unusually restricted. I could live there a full year and not once step foot in the management office because I work M-F, 9-5. I'm not going to move into a building where I can't have contact with the people who run it.

Chuck,

What address are you referring to? Every suite in our building has been renovated or will be renovated on turnover. Also, given the age of the buildings in the area I suspect that none would have central air conditioning. Most of our residents have window units that are very effective at cooling the suite in the summertime.

Thank you for your feedback. It is very useful in helping us enhance the desirability of the property. I will surely pass on your comments to the relevant management people.

Ya that's the one. I was shown a unit on the first floor in a hall so dark it probably doesn't meet lighting bylaws. The hall was unrenovated. In the actual unit, I believe that I saw new counter tops, however like I said my mind was already made up so I wasn't looking for renovations.

Back