Yorkville-Mar31-16C.png
    1 MB · Views: 3,119
  • Yorkville-Mar31-16D.png
    Yorkville-Mar31-16D.png
    1 MB · Views: 3,060
  • Yorkville-Mar31-16E.png
    Yorkville-Mar31-16E.png
    707.3 KB · Views: 3,035
Sad that this is/was a fine block of heritage buildings and only thr first three feet is being saved. Perhaps more is being save I'm not aware of? The block seems rather cozy before and may lose its' charm. However time will tell and one cannot stop change . Whether good or bad depending upon ones viewpoint.

Sad that this is/was a fine block of heritage buildings and only thr first three feet is being saved. Perhaps more is being save I'm not aware of? The block seems rather cozy before and may lose its' charm. However time will tell and one cannot stop change . Whether good or bad depending upon ones viewpoint.

You missed a zero on that: it's the first 30 feet that are being saved of those buildings. See http://urbantoronto.ca/news/2014/07/bazis-and-plazas-1-yorkville-condominiums-closer-reality

I'll still take a facadectomy over the (previous) status quo. I live around the corner from the 1 Yorkville site and that particular stretch of buildings had fallen badly into disrepair. I was at the Wickson Social the other day (in one of the 5 St. Joseph facadectomy buildings) and it's added a really nice little bit of vibrancy to that corner—hopefully we get some good retail at Yonge and Yorkville (rather than an RBC/Starbucks/Shoppers).

after 40-50 years these newly built or u/c buildings will be considered heritage. it's all about time.

Back