Toronto 1 Broadlands Boulevard | 10.88m | 3s | Artlife | GMB Architecture

Paclo

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score

1 Broadlands Boulevard: a proposed 3-storey rental-townhouse building designed by GMB Architecture for Artlife Developments on the southeast corner of Underhill Drive and Broadlands Boulevard in Toronto's Parkwoods neighbourhood.

PLN - Renderings or Perspective Drawings - null-1.jpg
PLN - Renderings or Perspective Drawings - null-3.jpg
PLN - Renderings or Perspective Drawings - null-4.jpg
PLN - Renderings or Perspective Drawings - null-5.jpg
PLN - Renderings or Perspective Drawings - null-6.jpg
PLN - Renderings or Perspective Drawings - null-7.jpg
PLN - Renderings or Perspective Drawings - null-8.jpg
PLN - Renderings or Perspective Drawings - null-9.jpg

1 Broadlands Boulevard: a proposed 3-storey rental-townhouse building designed by GMB Architecture for Artlife Developments on the southeast corner of Underhill Drive and Broadlands Boulevard in Toronto's Parkwoods neighbourhood.

View attachment 562678View attachment 562679View attachment 562680View attachment 562681View attachment 562682View attachment 562683View attachment 562684View attachment 562685

I have no particular problem w/the scale/height/massing of his proposal, the box is a bit dull, but passable.

I do have an issue w/the lack of permeability on site, where as the renders show surface parking claiming almost the entire non-built portion of the property, and no green roof is shown either.

I want to see at least one high quality shade tree in lieu of a parking spot, if not two, I want to see interlock for the parking and a stormwater infiltration plan.

A green roof I can live w/o, but it would be a nice to have if going with a flat-roof.

As a side note for those who closely following the zoning thread, @smably and @allengeorge come to mind, while not on a major street, this is a pretty good representation of the 50% building on lot limit. Its also an illustration of how a proposal may meet that requirement without delivering the intended environmental benefit.

Artlife still around? If so, then I'm guessing they're zoning and this will linger around for awhile before they look to eventually sell this off to someone else.

As a side note for those who closely following the zoning thread, @smably and @allengeorge come to mind, while not on a major street, this is a pretty good representation of the 50% building on lot limit. Its also an illustration of how a proposal may meet that requirement without delivering the intended environmental benefit.
Totally agree. Surface parking is the worst of all possible options here. I think this came up as a suggestion in one of the letters, but it seems wiser to focus the rules on permeable site area vs. building coverage.

Back