Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 345.5m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

By Toronto standards this is great and it's HP so we know they have a pretty good track record delivering in the end. This is also NOT the crown jewel of the area, the dramatic design will be in the 270m and 304m respectively, I hope.

My own preference is for simple, clean structures that accentuate the vertical lines of a building. My first impression, then, is that I like the tower part of the proposal. I don't get much of a feel from the renders and drawings of how the podium meets the street, at this point.

7 YONGE is going to be the phase 1 of the project 1-7 yonge street.
It going to be located north of the Toronto star building.
So yes it's that location,but to be more precise it's on the corner between Yonge and Lake Shore blvd.

The park at the centre of that rendering is on the LCBO Lands site, and will be given to the City as a park, not as a POPS, by Menkes.

On this 1-7 Yonge site, there is a substantial public benefits agreement which includes Section 37 funds for a new community centre which is being built as part of the first phase, and I believe there's park-in-lieu cash that's tied to the LCBO Lands park too. There's also the complication of the public square which the 1 Yonge supertall will face once Lake Shore's ramp is removed in favour of the straightened Harbour Street: that public square is supposed to be paid for by Pinnacle too I believe. There's a lot that'll be going on here in the coming years, public realm-wise.

The park at the centre of that rendering is on the LCBO Lands site, and will be given to the City as a park, not as a POPS, by Menkes.

Thanks for the update. That's great to hear! By any chance, is there an official website I could check which details the parkland dedication?

Back