Toronto Ïce Condominiums at York Centre | 234.07m | 67s | Lanterra | a—A

^ Looking at that one rendering i can help but think that there's too much of the same colour of buildings. Of course when everything is built they will use different shades of blue and gray, but it just looks very monotonous. Besides the colour, or lack there of, I really like everything.

Sorry if there is a thread on this, but what is the "high speed rail link between Union and Pearson" the preliminary report mentions?

^ Looking at that one rendering i can help but think that there's too much of the same colour of buildings. Of course when everything is built they will use different shades of blue and gray, but it just looks very monotonous. Besides the colour, or lack there of, I really like everything.

I remember lamenting the lack of corporate blue glass towers in this city not too long ago...I almost can't believe how many corporate blue glass towers are on their way right now. But, yeah, most of them will turn out very different due to shades but also due to reflecting sunlight and other buildings. The more reflective ones will be chameleonish.

so... Directly South of Infinity... and sort-of beside this new project... what is happening..? Infinity phase 2? because whatever it is... it would be super-awesome to see it in the wypliepoon rendering....

so... Directly South of Infinity... and sort-of beside this new project... what is happening..? Infinity phase 2? because whatever it is... it would be super-awesome to see it in the wypliepoon rendering....

Ya, Infinity phase 2. Same as the first, 2 towers, 32 and 16 stories

^I'm pretty sure its one tower about 37 storeys tall (which would be phase 3)

Wow...I go away for the weekend and don't touch a computer...and come back to this. My god. Pretty awesome.

But agree with sentiment that the podium is completely ridiculous and aA should know better.

Wyliepoon, this render is amazing. Hard to believe what the area might look like and how it used to look 3 years ago. I think the developer will need to increase the podium height regardless. Good luck selling units below the level of the expressway.

16york11.jpg

Does anyone know what that building on the left is?

Nice towers, useless podium. The podium should be flush with Maple Leaf Square's. That would produce a nice canyon effect and give the area some hope for achieving a dense urban feel.

I agree Ganjavih. I'm a little concerned with the lack of street-level zoning/planning which should be designating some of the emerging corridors in the lower west end of the city as commercial/retail. The retail strips in the city that fare well tend to be along smaller scale, older thoroughfares like Queen and even Yonge or Bloor where the streetscape is scaled to be pedestrian friendly. Looking at the renders I would hate for the whole area to be nothing but huge towers rising over forbidding traffic arteries, such as Spadina as it passes through City Place. Not great and not very urban, and for an example of how this can kill vast stretches of a city you only need to travel to Hamilton!

Back