News   Apr 23, 2024
 1K     3 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 440     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.1K     0 

The Weather

phunky: Are you changing your avatar to reflect the weather?

You could be our very own UT Life Weather Beacon!

* Baseball cap - rain
* Jacket - turning colder
* T-shirt - getting warmer
etc.

You actually made me laugh out loud there. Unfortunately, that is more effort than I am willing to put into telling people the weather. I simply just had a new picture of myself to use :)

Not sure where to put this....but....

anybody have suggestions on some good not-so-well-known places to shoot fall colours in the city?

This is so exciting. Our very own Percy Saltzman - phunky!:)
I doubt Phunky is old enough to know who Percy Saltzman was. In fact, I'm not sure I am either! :p

saltzman-percy-board070116.jpg

Not sure where to put this....but....anybody have suggestions on some good not-so-well-known places to shoot fall colours in the city?
If you can get out of the city, Hawkley Valley is awesome for shooting Fall colours.

phunky...

any predictions?
The weekend isn't going to be as hot now it looks like. Just mid twenties. It could get really cool though if the warm front doesn't go as far north as it should. It's very tricky :p
I think it will probably be much like Friday was most of the weekend though.
I doubt Phunky is old enough to know who Percy Saltzman was. In fact, I'm not sure I am either! :p

saltzman-percy-board070116.jpg

If you can get out of the city, Hawkley Valley is awesome for shooting Fall colours.
Canada's first television weatherman :p (Thanks wikipedia, although I already kinda knew)
Also it's Hockley!

As always, death (and in his case, posthumous blogosphere notoriety) can enlighten those a generation or more two young to remember...

We had a crazy storm in Mississauga last night. Hurontario was literally like a river, with ponds at every intersection.

Enjoy it. We're pretty much the only place in the country with this type of weather.

It's 03:13 in the morning of October 9th and it's 21 degrees out. Mighty crazy, but I do like it!

Not that I don't think global warming is a genuine concern, but a part of me wishes we had a more NYC type of climate. That extra month of summer in May and October are just fab!

Now let the cold begin. The rest of this week is going to feel like Winter after what we experienced yesterday.

anybody have suggestions on some good not-so-well-known places to shoot fall colours in the city?

I'd go for the Humber Valley ('cause I live near it, so it's very convenient, but it is very pretty too). You can access it easily from the subway too - from Old Mill station descend into the valley down Old Mill Rd, cross the Humber on the beautiful old stone bridge, and then follow the bike path north to Dundas...

for starters...

It looks like you've got at least a week before the peak hits. Send me a note if you want more detailed ideas.

The Rosedale Ravine is great. Take Sherbourne street north of Bloor, walk or drive north to Elm Ave then walk east to the third street which is South Drive & walk north a minute or two until you come to the entrance of a small parkette where there is space for a few cars to park. Follow the paths down do the ravine (officially called the "Park Drive Reservation Lands") and walk the paths either east or west when you get to the bottom. Don't expect great colours this fall. Given the small amount of precipitation we had this summer leaves will not be as brilliant and colourful as usual.

phunky, what's up with the weather?

Do I have to keep hauling this umbrella around?

Back