News   Apr 25, 2024
 219     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 

The Shopping Mall Question

Yes that's exactly what we need, governments running our shopping malls. Do you want all malls to look like this: ?

582114437_c1595ebcd2.jpg

In Hong Kong, their transit authority owns real estate that includes malls located at their rapid transit stations. The revenue from their real estate holdings helps keep their fare box at a reasonable rate.

If the TTC could own malls coming off their subway stations (IE. Eaton Centre, Yorkdale, etc.), that would be a better revenue stream. However, the TTC does not.

Maybe the city or the TTC should re-think about developing malls along side with their new stations and stops being constructed.

Last edited:
The article doesn't address any of the reasons why the current bridge is in a terrible location...

Does the author not believe in public ownership of roads, sewers, bridges, etc?

Philipines'SM Mall is the largest in asia but im not sure about south asia is philipines in south asia anyway its in the philipines

Yes that's exactly what we need, governments running our shopping malls. Do you want all malls to look like this: ?
And how exactly does a private operator run a mall better than the government? I'm sure I can find plenty of privately-owned malls that look like that.

Lockers? Where do I put my purchases if I have more errands, movies, or more purchases to do?

Used to be that most shopping malls, department stores, and subway stations had lockers. You were able to put items in them for the rest of the day, while you do something else.

Today, you have to take them to your car's trunk. However, what about if you didn't take your car. You came either by taxi, public transit, or walked. Do you now have to carry everything (including that kitchen sink)? Can we go to some sort of "customer service" booth and have them store them for you, as you continue to do your shopping business?

CoinLocker.jpg

Back