News   Apr 24, 2024
 958     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.5K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 620     0 

The Mystery Tunnel near Rexall Centre

I read on BlogTO that the tunnel was in the shape of a crucifix. Inside of the tunnel was a poppy and a rosary:

20150224-Tunnel-11.jpg

I'm guessing that this tunnel was constructed by some religious nut for some kind of ceremony.

So it was just some dumb guys doing it for shits and giggles.

So it was just some dumb guys doing it for shits and giggles.

That kinda raises more questions than it answers.

Regardless of the absence of criminal intent, how can it be okay to dig something like this on public land? Where did the generators come from? And if it was okay for them to dig it from a legal perspective, why did it have to be filled in again?

It's on TRCA land, and there is nothing much damaged - not sure if going further legally would serve much purpose. Perhaps the diggers should be tasked to fill it up? Given what's been said about the state of the structure, collapse is a real possibility and I don't think anyone would want to run the risk of it caving.

This almost feels almost like a tree-house kind of thing.

AoD

That kinda raises more questions than it answers.

Regardless of the absence of criminal intent, how can it be okay to dig something like this on public land? Where did the generators come from? And if it was okay for them to dig it from a legal perspective, why did it have to be filled in again?

I believe I heard on CP24 that TRCA or the city can still pursue them with fines for by-law violations. The TPS are no longer involved simply because there was no "criminal" act.

It had to be filled is because, despite breathless early reports from media, the tunnel was not actually structurally sound, the support materials were low quality, and it would eventually collapse if left on it's own.

Back