383     0 
News   May 21, 2024
 492     0 
News   May 21, 2024
 387     0 

The lack of respect

A

alklay

Hey moderators, the lack of respect of some forum members towards other forum members is getting a bit disturbing. How you guys run this forum (and its great...nah, exceptional) is your business but its clear that many posts, instead of discussing issues, consists of too many personal insults...and it degrades the forum and distracts from otherwise intelligent conversations. The forum could certainly do without the embarrassing posts.

I am a moderator on another forum. We would never put up with this shit. We would simply delete the post...and if it gets out of hand, ban the poster. Yes, its heavy handed (requires a little work) and it is not to everyone's liking, but it works, and most do appreciate the tone that exists on the forum because of the enforcement of the rules.

I am just throwing this out for discussing purposes and to get the idea out there. The board loses its effectiveness and stature if the posts are juvenille. Perhaps a little heavy-handedness is called for.

Re: The lack of lack-of-respect

I won't...people on this forum are not out of hand, insulting, or rude in a manner that would warrant extreme measures. The tone of this forum is just right - not a hostile environment, and you always feel as if your posts are not constantly being monitored and deleted, in other words, you can feel relatively free. Keep this forum the way it is right now.

I self delete what I don't wanna read.
...little tiffs seldom go to extreme,
hmmm, <leave it alone> works for me on this one.

It's not really a big deal can always ignore it...I can think of only 1 or 2 members that cause a problem anyways.

Billy is boss numero uno around here, but the great majority of the time he lets us mods use our own discression.

Generally I prefer for the forum to moderate itself, in that if someone is acting up the other members will put that person in their place. So far I've seen very few incidents deserving mod intervention.

Well Jimmy got knocked off his scooter by some rockers last night. I think you should do something about it ;)

Actually, large amounts of nonsense has already been deleted...

GB

Back