Toronto The Hill Condos | 29.26m | 9s | BSäR Group | Core Architects

Looks great. I like the retail units, and great standard/scale for future buildings along Eglinton.

Last edited:
I like the retail but the building itself I find a disaster... Again St Claire and Bathurst is building much nicer buildings. This is literally a 100m from a major intersection with a LRT line... I dont agree with the scale at all.. Im not asking for 50 floors but 20 should be appropriate...

Rendering from Core Architects:

http://www.corearchitects.com/projects/multi--residents/in-design/925--935-eglinton-avenue-west

74828806.jpg

I like the retail but the building itself I find a disaster... Again St Claire and Bathurst is building much nicer buildings. This is literally a 100m from a major intersection with a LRT line... I dont agree with the scale at all.. Im not asking for 50 floors but 20 should be appropriate...

You clearly are not familiar with this neighborhood. I would quite surprised if the City supported the 9 storey application, let alone 20.

I would expect about 6 storeys here as appropriate.

This height looks entirely appropriate to me here. It fits with the City's Avenues Plan for intensification around higher-order transit services, and its terraced southern facade fits with the angular plane requirements for not overshadowing its neighbours.

You clearly are not familiar with this neighborhood. I would quite surprised if the City supported the 9 storey application, let alone 20.

I think I would have to agree with you given the shallowness of the lot and the proximity of the single-family houses to the south. The scale of the deco buildings east of Bathurst would be fine:

eglinton3.jpg

eglinton2.jpg

eglinton1.jpg

I live in the neighbourhood. The problem is that this part of eglinton doesnt have enough foot traffic. More units would cause more street life. This area needs a boost. I may be one of the few in the neighbourhood who would support such a proposal but that doesnt mean that it doesnt need an injection of people. However I would have supported this as a replacement to the TTC parking lot just east of the allen. St. Clair is changing and I would suggest that Eglinton may need to as well.

They are doing some work here. What's going on with the plaza just east of here. Its not seeing development as quick.

Attachments

• IMG-20111013-00229.jpg
    IMG-20111013-00229.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 479
  • IMG-20111013-00230.jpg
    IMG-20111013-00230.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 464
This looks great, nice standard for future mid-block redevelopments. With more projects like this inevitably being planned, the future of our city's Avenues look bright and promising.

6365897943_19d8225792_b.jpg

6365898121_657746eaa4_b.jpg

The proportions are terrible. Should have had one more floor of stone-cladding to avoid the top-heaviness.

I am thinking about buying a unit in there, what do you guys think is a fair price per square footage for the area? There has not been a condo in this area for the past 15 years so I don't have anything to compare to. They are selling between $580 sq to $680 depending on level and direction it is facing. The really bad part is that it apparently 50% sold already.

Back