News   Apr 18, 2024
 683     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 6.1K     2 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.4K     4 

The Fountains Of Toronto

10 points to the person who can guess where this fountain is located:

Ha, too bad I just saw this now because I would have guessed it in a second (I live there).

But yeah Lake Shore is a huge, fast arterial that makes getting to anything on the other side of it difficult.

Is it a city fountain or a Rogers fountain? I was wondering that on Saturday morning when I walked the dog over there and saw that it wasn't on.

Is it a city fountain or a Rogers fountain? I was wondering that on Saturday morning when I walked the dog over there and saw that it wasn't on.

I believe I read somewhere that is now City Owned... I also noticed that someone had posted it was working as of October 2014... not sure if it got damaged in the cruel winter of 14/15?

29. A park near Beecroft and Sheppard
IMG_2199.jpg

Suburban folk get simple fountains. Nevertheless, I appreciate it when its on.

It's pretty incredible how something as simple as replacing a pump and associated fixes, all below 100K took almost half a decade.

AoD

It's pretty incredible how something as simple as replacing a pump and associated fixes, all below 100K took almost half a decade.

AoD
My former employer was always obsessed with 'post mortems' that is, a project that went sideways is analyzed at a granular level to find the weaknesses and (hopefully but not always) rectify them for future projects.

I wonder what went wrong here? I believe someone here alluded that the city only has like 3 plumbers for parks and rec, so these timelines are stretched beyond reason. I don't understand why the city can't hire a contractor (and still keep the fair wage policy)...

My former employer was always obsessed with 'post mortems' that is, a project that went sideways is analyzed at a granular level to find the weaknesses and (hopefully but not always) rectify them for future projects.

I wonder what went wrong here? I believe someone here alluded that the city only has like 3 plumbers for parks and rec, so these timelines are stretched beyond reason. I don't understand why the city can't hire a contractor (and still keep the fair wage policy)...

I think the Fixer article in the Star re: Allan Gardens dog park mentioned 5 plumbers - and you got it exactly right - we definitely need post-mortem on this.

AoD

Fountain at June Callwood Park is now out of service:

From the Fort York Neighbourhood Association Facebook Page
  • Lilya LilyaReply from Marco:
    It should be on again starting tomorrow. Plumber turned it off to deal with overflow issues on to Fleet. These should now be corrected, but if not, we may need to turn it off again/adjust flow levels.
    22 June at 17:54 · Like · 1

• Lilya Lilya
    Bad news from Marco:
    Our park staff needed to turn the fountain off again yesterday; recirculating valve is not working. We have the City plumber for the area visiting the site and will be taking up the warranty with the contractor. Unfortunately, there is no timeline to have it turned back on, but every effort is being made to resolve the issues as quickly as possible.

I believe I read somewhere that is now City Owned... I also noticed that someone had posted it was working as of October 2014... not sure if it got damaged in the cruel winter of 14/15?
It is a City fountain, they finally got it working very late in the 2014 'fountain season' but it leaked into the parking. Now it is working for Pan-Am but needs work and the Entertainment District BIA are giving $$ to get it fixed 'permanently" this fall. MAYBE it will actually work all year in 2016. It's a great fountain!

Back