News   Apr 24, 2024
 967     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 627     0 

The BOW: after the pour

i wish the bow was in toronto

I don't know. I actually find it quite the letdown considering what it is or, more accurately, what it has become. I expected more for a true corporate headquarters by one of the most esteem architectural firms of our generation. I mean the revised lobby renderings with the hacked down atrium looks as bland and corporate as Bay Adelaide. Luckily or unfortunately, it's token gestures are enough for it to stand out among the rest that have recent gone up in Canada.

The last thing Toronto needs is another building surrounded by wind swept plazas.

I don't know. I actually find it quite the letdown considering what it is or, more accurately, what it has become. I expected more for a true corporate headquarters by one of the most esteem architectural firms of our generation. I mean the revised lobby renderings with the hacked down atrium looks as bland and corporate as Bay Adelaide. Luckily or unfortunately, it's token gestures are enough for it to stand out among the rest that have recent gone up in Canada.

The last thing Toronto needs is another building surrounded by wind swept plazas.

I like the open space of office complexes like the TD Centre. They allow pedestrians fantastic vantage points and also for shortcuts in the area. One can admire the architecture without blocking a sidewalk When the weather is decent, these plazas can be quite vibrant. It's also great to have places in the city where the employment density is so high, yet it still feels open.

As for this building in Toronto, I don't think it would stand out as much, seeing as iconic City Hall's towers are similar. Architecture fans would enjoy it, but I get the feeling that this impressive building will make a greater splash in Calgary.

As for this building in Toronto, I don't think it would stand out as much, seeing as iconic City Hall's towers are similar.

Come on......... i disagree this 200+ meter tower would look great and stand out anywhere in the boxy downtown Toronto core, it will also be more than twice the height of City Hall's towers.

Come on......... i disagree this 200+ meter tower would look great and stand out anywhere in the boxy downtown Toronto core, it will also be more than twice the height of City Hall's towers.

I know, it would look great and stand out, but I'm skeptical as to whether it would be as appealing to the general public given that our familiarity with the unusual shape of the tower.

July 10/2009
IMG_3956.jpg

IMG_3957.jpg

IMG_3958.jpg

IMG_3959.jpg

IMG_3960.jpg

IMG_3818.jpg

IMG_3821.jpg

IMG_3822.jpg

IMG_3831.jpg

IMG_3834.jpg

IMG_3835.jpg

IMG_3837.jpg

IMG_3838.jpg

IMG_3839.jpg

IMG_3840.jpg

IMG_3841.jpg

IMG_3842.jpg

IMG_3844.jpg

IMG_3845.jpg

IMG_3846.jpg

IMG_3847.jpg

IMG_3848.jpg

IMG_3849.jpg

IMG_3850.jpg

IMG_3851.jpg

IMG_3852.jpg

IMG_3855.jpg

IMG_3857.jpg

IMG_3858.jpg

IMG_3859.jpg

IMG_3861.jpg

IMG_3862.jpg

It's moving faster now it seems. Looks like they're about to start pouring concrete. Which floor are they working on now?

I think they are on 10, but it looks like they are about to start on 11,12,13. the next big stage is the glazing which is supposed to be started sometime next month.

I was just eating steak near there last night. That massive steel framework is pretty impressive close up. I think Calgary might be getting Canada's most interesting skyscraper- thank you Sir Norman.

Wow. Stunning! So lucky that Calgary is getting this beautiful building. It's massive.
Can't wait for more updates! Please keep giving them.

Stupendous. Great photos of a rising masterpiece and instant icon. Good on Calgary, Encana and Foster for raising the corporate architectural bar in this country. Wish we had something even half this impressive in the works.

Back