Toronto Ten York Street Condos | 224.02m | 65s | Tridel | Wallman Architects

I dunno. Colour me an optimist. But as for all the trains being diesel, I think 20 years for the electrification of the Montreal-Windsor corridor is about right.

I tend to agree. I believe that we are closer to a mainly-electric auto environment than people think. Once the Tesla Model 3 is available, with similar price to comparable gasoline-powered automobiles, with a decent range and with numerous free recharge stations, there may be a massive swing to all-electric vehicles. In the history of technology, you occasionally see "phase changes" where an old technology is very rapidly made obsolete by a newcomer. I estimate even odds that the Tesla all-electric vehicle is such a phase-changer.

Id like to believe you, but don't forget the big 3 that in time will buy them

That might happen, but you won't see a massive shift to all-electric vehicles until the major automakers decide to make the switch themselves. Tesla, as innovative as they are, are not nearly big enough to build the required number of vehicles themselves. It will take all the other big automakers to join in. Which they will, if they see the market demand for all-electric vehicles increase as much I expect.

The affordable Tesla may very well end up being a game changer, we will see. But it takes time for this "revolution" to take place, rising from less than a 0.1% market share to 10% in 10 years would be quite incredible in itself. Getting near 100% market share by 2025? I'm more doubtful. Electric vehicles require long development lead times, and there is no sign that automakers will have more than a couple vehicles with plug in options a decade from now.

That might happen, but you won't see a massive shift to all-electric vehicles until the major automakers decide to make the switch themselves. Tesla, as innovative as they are, are not nearly big enough to build the required number of vehicles themselves. It will take all the other big automakers to join in. Which they will, if they see the market demand for all-electric vehicles increase as much I expect.
Well they are investing in massive new factories. Elon Musk does seem reluctant to sell, some things are more important than money.

0.jpg
June 27, 2015

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 2,356
Last edited by a moderator:
^ I just edited your post to display the photo in full size. I encourage everyone uploading photos using the forum's "Upload A File" feature to display as "Full Image".

Right now we don't have enough generating capacity for electricity to replace fuel driven. I think Elon Musk is the first to understand this with the introduction of the Tesla Powerwall and Solarcity.

As to the big 3 buying Telsa. You have a guy with more money that can be spent in a lifetime even if he gave everyone in the world $1.00. If anything, the Big 3 need to worry about Tesla buying one of them down the road.

As others have mentioned, that parking garage to the south has gots to go. Once the off-ramp comes down that'd be a great place for a park, or for another tower. But it's a real eyesore as it stands, and always has been.

Yesterday, checking things out like the 1B elevator lobby, parking garage ramp (2nd pic, behind the crane), etc.…

DSC03316.jpg
DSC03317.jpg
DSC03320.jpg

Attachments

• DSC03316.jpg
    DSC03316.jpg
    575.4 KB · Views: 3,566
  • DSC03317.jpg
    DSC03317.jpg
    400.4 KB · Views: 3,631
  • DSC03320.jpg
    DSC03320.jpg