Toronto Ten York Street Condos | 224.02m | 65s | Tridel | Wallman Architects

There is a reason visitors arriving downtown from Pearson always remark on the experience.

It is rather unique to Toronto.

Approaching Toronto from the W on the Gardner is like hurtling towards the set of some futuristic sci-fi movie mega urban landscape; it's absolutely amazing, especially with all those video screens further animating the environment.

My friends took me to Woodbine racetrack on my birthday a few weeks ago, coming home down the DVP was crazy with all the changes since I last came down a couple of years ago. I can't imagine what coming in on the Gardiner must be like. Ten York is sure to add more drama with it's design, and placement alongside the highway.

The work area for Ten York extends well into the area under the Gardiner.

DSC01626.jpg
DSC01627.jpg
DSC01628.jpg

Attachments

• DSC01626.jpg
    DSC01626.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 1,285
  • DSC01627.jpg
    DSC01627.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 1,275
  • DSC01628.jpg
    DSC01628.jpg
    260.2 KB · Views: 1,279
now imagine the ramp was staying put and the parking gargage was developed into something taller. That would be quite the drive.

It's pretty crazy how close it is to the Gardiner. I can't think of land in such close proximity to highways being developed into condos like this in North America.

It's pretty crazy how close it is to the Gardiner. I can't think of land in such close proximity to highways being developed into condos like this in North America.

It probably won't be good for the health of the condo residents who will be breathing the fumes from the highway.

We are more than a couple years from that. Hybrids represent less than 1% of the vehicle market and plug in electrics don't even have 0.1% market share yet. I would be surprised if Electric vehicles had more than a 10% market share by 2025. Then you get into the issue of large trucks, which are really the driving force behind road emissions, and they are nowhere close to becoming electrified.

Forget air pollution. The noise pollution alone is enough to make investing in a unit here questionable. For eight months I lived beside the Mass Pike in downtown Boston and broke my lease early and moved.

Never again. Especially during the rainy season--highways are extremely noisy.

I dunno. Colour me an optimist. But as for all the trains being diesel, I think 20 years for the electrification of the Montreal-Windsor corridor is about right.

Back