Toronto TeaHouse 501 Yonge Condominiums | 170.98m | 52s | Lanterra | a—A

3 BR in 800 sq ft? For 600K+, Come again? What's next, micro condos like those hotels in Tokyo? That's utterly absurd. Despite being a renter, think I'll stick with my 1100sq ft 2BR apartmen, and at only $1230/month, ulitities and parking included (it's a crappy old building on Howard Street, but the units are huge, and when we moved in 8 years ago, it was much cheaper, now, well, my downstairs neighbours are paying $1700/month and now have pay their own hydro aka, we're never leaving! After assessing the market, I can save more in the bank by renting here and paying next to nothing for living expenses, then buying a closet in the sky....BUT....I'm thinking about buying for investment and renting it out, anyone have feedback on that idea?

I have heard that demolition starts October 5. Everybody is out at the end of September. Grab your last health nut smoothies and samosas while you can.

Speaking of which, Papaya Hut will not immediately reopen, plans to open somewhere downtown in the spring but not necessarily in this area. Kathmandu opened in Yorkville already so also a loss to this area. We need a new Indian restaurant in the Village.

I have heard that demolition starts October 5. Everybody is out at the end of September. Grab your last health nut smoothies and samosas while you can.

Speaking of which, Papaya Hut will not immediately reopen, plans to open somewhere downtown in the spring but not necessarily in this area. Kathmandu opened in Yorkville already so also a loss to this area. We need a new Indian restaurant in the Village.

Brilliant news!! I cannot wait to see this blight get bulldozed. This is long overdue.

Last edited:
Ali Baba's is relocating across the street beside Metro Sound & Music where a sushi shop used to be. That of course is slated to be another condo tower in the future, too.

Yes for the better eventually.

That's good and long over due. Nothing that is/was demolished is worth preserving in the first place, nor does it offer any interesting retail. I am glad in a few years I will be less embarrassed by Yonge st north of Dundas any more. It will never have the character as St Catherine in Montreal or Fifth Ave in NYC, but that's at least a great improvement.

I too agree it will look much nice then the tattered old structures that are currently there, but, I know a few of the store owners, they're loosing their livelihood, many deciding not to relocate because it's too expensive. As much as I love seeing tall building going up everywhere, the nostalgic side of me is saddened that many of the stores that gave Yonge it's character, will now be gone for ever, guess it's an inevitable side effect of growth, but there are days I get sick of seeing a wall of glass and steel, and long for the small shops that once occupied our streets, or is it just me?

Back