Tango at Concord Park Place (Concord Adex) - Real Estate -

Spoke to the building management. Suites are not individually metered. The heat billing will be part of maintenance fees.

Ginger, I suggest you give the building a call if you are interested in purchasing a unit.

Thanks! I ended up purchasing a unit. Fingers crossed that the heating bill is included in the maintenance. Anyone know the material of the ceiling? Is it drywall or concrete? Need to know what drill bits to use when installing curtains....

Its sprayed stipple on concrete ceilings .... except for bulkheads its drywall

That's only the asking price, which is priced too high. It will sell for what it is worth.
The missing upper cabinets on one side of the kitchen is really weird.
The agent did an awful job staging and photographing it -- the unit looks dark and really depressing.

That does seem high. 1+1 for close to $400K, you gotta be mad! Oddly enough, a lot of people are moving from Concord Discovery over to Tango because Tango is priced lower. This area has become stagnant - many people are lucky to break even on their investments. And it doesn't help with OPUS under construction and then add on the other buildings in the future.

That does seem high. 1+1 for close to $400K, you gotta be mad! Oddly enough, a lot of people are moving from Concord Discovery over to Tango because Tango is priced lower. This area has become stagnant - many people are lucky to break even on their investments. And it doesn't help with OPUS under construction and then add on the other buildings in the future.

Agreed. You know the market has gone crazy when 1+1 in Cityplace are going for for $400K.

Agreed. You know the market has gone crazy when 1+1 in Cityplace are going for for $400K.

That has more to do with location. Of course something in CityPlace is going to be $400k. Comparables in the same area are still going for much more than $400k though. It's all relative.

The agent did an awful job staging and photographing it -- the unit looks dark and really depressing.

Terrible pictures, and poor spelling ("shutel" bus?). I especially love how the pictures are stretched to make the unit look even more spacious. It fools everyone! The "888" is a nice bonus, too, to attract those superstitious buyers who would otherwise not give this unit the time of day based on it's actual features.

Seriously, I hope they negotiated a lower commission to match the lazy effort. No wonder people are getting fed up with paying such exorbitant fees to agents. This guy can't even take the time to take (or pay someone to take) decent pics, proof-read the ad, or at least run a spellcheck. Of course he deserves a nice chunk of the selling price for his troubles.

And if the apathy is due to such a hot market where properties sell themselves, all the more reason to just do it yourself.

That has more to do with location. Of course something in CityPlace is going to be $400k. Comparables in the same area are still going for much more than $400k though. It's all relative.

Right, cityplace location is not highly desirable and if 1+1s are going for $400K+ in Cityplace then I'd be very surprised. Personally wouldn't do it but that's me.

Terrible pictures, and poor spelling ("shutel" bus?). I especially love how the pictures are stretched to make the unit look even more spacious. It fools everyone! The "888" is a nice bonus, too, to attract those superstitious buyers who would otherwise not give this unit the time of day based on it's actual features.

Seriously, I hope they negotiated a lower commission to match the lazy effort. No wonder people are getting fed up with paying such exorbitant fees to agents. This guy can't even take the time to take (or pay someone to take) decent pics, proof-read the ad, or at least run a spellcheck. Of course he deserves a nice chunk of the selling price for his troubles.

And if the apathy is due to such a hot market where properties sell themselves, all the more reason to just do it yourself.

Yes, lazy agent. Too many of them.

Right, cityplace location is not highly desirable and if 1+1s are going for $400K+ in Cityplace then I'd be very surprised. Personally wouldn't do it but that's me.

CityPlace is smack downtown, minutes to the waterfront, minutes to Chinatown, minutes to Union, minutes to King and Queen West, minutes to the financial district, minutes to the entertainment district... There couldn't be a better location in terms of area amenities. Add a future Smart Track station, The Well, 400 Wellinton, 2 new schools and a community centre and CityPlace is miles above Park Place in terms of location. So yes, $400k for a condo in an area with all of those amenities isn't too far fetched. Mind you, the 1+1's going for around that price have a den that is large enough to be a second bedroom if needed, as well as 2 bathrooms. There is nothing available near $400k in CityPlace right now (1+1).

Last edited:

Sorry for going off-topic:
This is a perfect example of an inexperienced, naïve and ignorant agent.
The irony is that agents that put 8's in the selling price are not even Asian and Asian buyers don't fall for that kind of gimmick. Asian buyers often care about numbers when they are a permanent fixture of the property such as an address, floor or unit number.
This agent must be working as an agent on his spare time as he didn't even bother to take photos during the day when there is the best light and it shows the best. The stretching of the photos is common as MLS will stretch photos that are not submitted in the right size.

Getting back to topic, this thread is about Concord Park Place not Concord Cityplace.

The underlying issue with Concord Park Place is the fact that there is, still, no substantial retail. There is more retail coming to Discovery, such as a physiotherapy clinic and a convenience store, but this area desperately needs a grocery store within walking distance. It's a common complaint amongst residences. Perhaps Canadian Tire could carry some groceries, that might be a good idea - thoughts?

Despite it all, this area still seems to be in demand (close to the 401, subway and GO station) - the pricing is decent (esp. compared to Yonge and Sheppard). These condo's are very car oriented as well, even though the subway is just steps away. Residents constantly have an issue finding parking space, which is generally not the case in the Yonge/Sheppard corridor.

The underlying issue with Concord Park Place is the fact that there is, still, no substantial retail. There is more retail coming to Discovery, such as a physiotherapy clinic and a convenience store, but this area desperately needs a grocery store within walking distance. It's a common complaint amongst residences. Perhaps Canadian Tire could carry some groceries, that might be a good idea - thoughts?

Despite it all, this area still seems to be in demand (close to the 401, subway and GO station) - the pricing is decent (esp. compared to Yonge and Sheppard). These condo's are very car oriented as well, even though the subway is just steps away. Residents constantly have an issue finding parking space, which is generally not the case in the Yonge/Sheppard corridor.

cruzin4u - do you still live in the area?

Yah Canadian tire should carry some groceries, I know the sheppard and mccowan Canadian tire carries milk and bread!

Back