News   Apr 19, 2024
 741     1 

Taft Forward property management

Status
Not open for further replies.

digi

Member Bio
Reaction score
Has anyone else had to deal with this company? They are completely unresponsive to requests for maintenance of common elements. They do nothing except cash our maintenance cheques every month. Today I was informed, via email, that they expect all residents to be at home, all day on Saturday, because they are changing the locks. If you are not home, you will be charged for another visit. Is this acceptable?

Yes....... Horribly unproffessional experience. I am a service provider and have dealt with them a few times. Every time I swear I will not do work for them again. In my interactions with the individuals I have had to deal with they have had all the wrong priorities and no knowledge at all of what they are doing.

Taft forward is extremely unprofessional and rude. They can take the most beautiful properties and turn it into complete dumps. They never show up to the property (even when it's urgently needed) and they are rude and unprofessional to residents. They make living conditions extremely poor. DO NOT USE THEM! Use ANY other company.

Note that Taft Forward is no longer PM at Star of Downtown, effective Dec/17. "Resigned" with pre-prepared letter 10 min after discussions in AGM in Oct overwhelmingly condemned them, their abuses of residents, etc and then elected new Bd directors on platform of replacing Taft as key element. Followed months of community organizing within bldg to resist their threatening legal letters, inattention to resident & bldg maintenance issues, negligence, and financial irregularities. Note also that Taft mng'd Star B townhouse condos nearby & were fired in May. My opinion - Taft put our residents thru terrible experiences, with a complicit and silent Board, and somehow people in other condos have to know. It has cost many of us 100s of hours each over the last year, thousands of dollars in legal fees ($13,000+ for one so far). One resident's court saga (sued by Taft for defamation, countering w/anti-SLAPP suit) continues in Feb/18 after several court dates. Others up-ended their lives and sold or moved in surrender after Taft negligence or abuse. I am certain that the other bldgs under Taft are experiencing the same, and that Taft is NOT ALONE among TO PM co's in its malpractice. Somewhere there must be a source where diligent boards can protect residents from predatory and self-serving PM co's. Boards : stay away from this problematic company until proof that they've cleaned up their act.

Has anyone switched to a different property management company and had a much-improved experience, post-T**t? I'm trying to figure out how to avoid going through the whole process of switching management companies if we're just going to end up with a(nother) negligent, unhelpful, absentee one. Are there any standout companies out there? I've had reports from folks of their particular property manager being efficient, but when we've followed up with that person's PM company it hasn't been possible to get that person in particular, and of course they could quit etc. so we haven't felt comfortable to switch without more feedback about the company as a whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back