Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Religion: Buddhist

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Religion: Something else

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Religion: None

Votes: 33 57.9%

• Total voters
Should ask whether we speak more than one language (and which one we consider a "default")! :)

ETA: Ethnically Chinese, baptized Catholic, educated in an Anglican girls' school. I definitely lean MORE Anglican than Catholic but never really made the full "conversion." Married to a Jew. No kids. I speak Cantonese well enough to survive, I suppose, but I "think" in English (even though I did not really LEARN English until I was in JK).

Last edited:
Had space permitted, I would have broken down Christianity into Protestant, Catholic and Christian Orthodox.

By contrast, you often see surveys of religion where you see breakdowns from all the various branches of Christianity, and sometimes major denominations within Protestant Christianity (this seems especially common in the US) but then a bunch of non-Christian religions are lumped together or put as "other"!

British is not an ethnicity, but is a passport and nationality. My ethnic origin is English.
i read that as throwing all British together...and the /Irish was included to indicate that even though island of Ireland is separate from Britain physically and one part of that island is separate politically that the survey author was including all English/Scottish/Welsh/Irish (north or south) as ethnically similar.

Half Polish, half Latin American. Both my parents are immigrants, but I am born in Toronto.

Baptized Catholic but not religious.

I wonder how many Catholics are "not religious" or are semi-religious/have some issues with the Vatican? I'm one of them, though more latter than former (I observe Lent in some form but do not go to church. I'm probably more "Anglican" anyway).

Interesting there is only 1 person who says their religion is Jewish but 6 say they're of Jewish origin. That includes me BTW; I'm a Jewish atheist.

I noticed that too. For me, I'm a quarter ethnically Jewish, but it's patrilineal, thus I have no claim to the cultural or religious aspect.

Sephradic? Ashkenazi? Mizerahi?

Back