Toronto Sun Life Financial Tower & Harbour Plaza Residences | 236.51m | 67s | Menkes | Sweeny &Co

tlpKfF0.jpg

81XFqMv.jpg

ieLJ1sV.jpg

This is another thread in which I am not getting any updates from anymore.

Pic taken June 22, 2015

Fvfs1EK.jpg

The view from the edge of the waterfront in Marcanadian's fifth and sixth photos makes me feel better about this building's big, flat, reflective sides. Decent materials and a great cool blue mirror effect for an increasingly cool blue waterfront. It's a silver lining for what's essentially a stodgy businessman in a sharp suit.

I can’t understand what people like so much about this. It looks awful to me; just an enormous wall of flat glass. It’s almost indistinguishable from the sky; there might as well not be a building there at all, visually speaking. It disappears completely. There’s nothing that attracts my eye to it whatsoever; it blends into the all-blue-glass monotony of the whole South Core.

Is good quality glass enough to make for good architecture? Couldn’t &co have used a material other than glass, and put an iota of variety in the cladding of such an enormous façade?

Last edited:
I like how the shape of the lot and the office tower's square floor plate have been used to create some interesting angles.

Back