News   Apr 19, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 704     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.1K     3 

Submission 3: Andrew Alfred-Duggan - cable-stayed "fists"

How would you rate Submission 3 out of ten?

Votes: 6 4.8%

Votes: 7 5.6%

Votes: 14 11.1%

Votes: 15 11.9%

Votes: 15 11.9%

Votes: 8 6.3%

Votes: 24 19.0%

Votes: 8 6.3%

Votes: 10 7.9%

Votes: 19 15.1%

• Total voters
Sorry, looks like left over Saddam Hussein statues:
2483772.jpg

I love the idea of prominent art pieces appearing to hold up the bridge at each end, that's wonderful but I'm not sure about the arms/fists. Given the winds down by the lake and our long cold winters I think it would be a good move forward to protect the bridge from the elements.

definitely unique + original ... but it may be a little too 'out there', likely not practical to materialize in TO

Submission#3: Good...but without the "fists"!

I think AA Duggan's design is interesting BUT those fists should be replaced by some tower design complimenting the adjacent CN tower - perhaps with a twin "Welcome To Toronto" sign. Not bad,though-LI MIKE

This bridge looks frustrated! Why's it pulling its hair out so?! Must be from all the noise and tacky neighbours...

cathy-ack2.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome, I love it.. makes you totally snap out of daily routine thinking.

But overkill for this application. Especially since the cables are dummy cables.

I'm fussy

I love this idea, It's kooky and it works. I'm not sure you have space for the support on the north side. You're in my top 4.

The fists are a too ridiculous for me. Looks more like a bridge from Disney Land or something.

Back