93     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 369     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 454     0 

Star of Downtown, The (Willowfield/Norstar, 12s, Kirkor) COMPLETE

G

Greg29Toronto

Not especially significant but The Star of Downtown (Wellesley & Bleecker) appears to be excavated and has a crane up. Thought it was worth mentioning.

AStupid name and ugly design. Too bad this one is going up.

starofdowntown_newstyle_artistrendition.gif

I think the design is okay; it tries. Shame it wasn't higher, perhaps in the 20's or maybe 30 floors as it looks rather squat as is. The name of the project is silly.

I wouldn't take a unit in that building as a gift. They were selling them super cheap, which makes sense, because who would pay a lot to live in St. Jamestown?

The rendering looks especially North-Yorkish, like a building you would see along the Sheppard subway corridor.

^Yeah exactly. It's good that it's not taller, it makes it easier to miss.

The invasion of the pippypoo and doodad encrusted North York faux chateaux that NostraArchivistowerdamus predicted has come to pass!

Not especially significant but The Star of Downtown (Wellesley & Bleecker) appears to be excavated and has a crane up.

no excavation necessary - they are using the parkade of an unbuilt tower

This is phenomenally ugly. Of all the condos on the market in this city I'm amazed someone would purchase a unit here.

s

i saw something like this but smaller u/c in wasage beach.

low price is always going to help sales ... I don't think you can get a 2 bedroom condo for under $300,000 anywhere else downtown.

Back